Our brother passed away on sunday

InCalifornia

Hello everyone

I don't post here very often but I do visit the forum on a daily basis.

I wanted to tell you all that my brother lost the battle with NSCLC (which had metastasized to the brain almost a year ago)

Last august 2005' we were told that he wouldn't live longer than 3 months due to the multiple brain tumors he had... Well *the doctors were wrong*.... he almost lived a year since the brain metastasis finding...

He was on Tarceva for almost a year and he never knew that the cancer had metastasized to the brain... He was such a fighter and he truly believed that he would eventually win this battle...I personally feel grateful that GOD gave us all those extra months with him... We were able to enjoy him for all those months and he was able to do so many things he wanted to do...I was holding his hand when he took his last breath... The tumors took his vision, paralized him, and also made him unable to talk but he never lost his hearing, and we were there for him 24/7 giving him all the care, love and support he needed... A week ago he told me that he was ready to see GOD's face and that he was ready to go, so I knew that he was not afraid...

Our brother was a devoted christian, a wonderful husband, a loving father, a terrfic brother, uncle, etc and most of all "The best friend you could ever have"... I will miss him so much, (he was only 55 years old, way too young) but I do get comfort knowing taht he is in a much better place, that he is not longer in pain and that I will eventually see him again... He told me that we are just passengers in this journey called earth but that sooner or later we would arrive to our destination... I'm so happy to know that he is already there, with the LORD!

I'll keep you all in my prayers and DON'Tt ever give up!!!

Sending Prayers and Condolences for your family during this difficult time. IF you need us we are here for any reason.

In CA

I read you post with a heavy heart.

Big hugs and I am so sorry to hear your story about your beloved brother.

I am glad to hear that Tarceva helped him in the fight.

Just think about how many kisses he was able ot receive and give.

Thanks to the heavens he had you there.

Much love,

Eppie

So sorry for the loss of you beloved brother.

He certainly had some unique insites. He is so at peace now and one day you will be reunited with him.

Please accept my deepest condolences. It is so hard for the ones left behind. But I know he is watching over his loved ones and smiling as he is pain free and at peace.

Peace be with you too.

Maryanne :wink: