My Dad is at peace

Tanya

After a month long battle with this terrible disease, my Dad finally went to rest on September 8th. He was diagnosed August 10th with stage iv non small cell. It had spread to the liver, lymph nodes and the brain. His liver basically shut down over the past week and his body just couldn't take it.

He was brave and courageous right up until the end. The entire family was with him when he passed. We told him it was OK, that we would miss him terribly but we would do fine. We told him to go to rest, he needed it. It was an awful weekend with him so restless, unable to sleep or even get comfortable.

I am so very proud to have a Dad that is so brave. He wasn't scared at all, he wasn't mad at the world. He simply accepted his fate and did it so well.

I will miss him immensely and hope that one day I will meet him again.

Thanks for all of your advice and comments. They really helped.

Tonya, please accept my condolences for the passing of your dear father. It is so wonderful that your family was with him when he left the physical world. I can't imagine how sad you are, but as you are proud of your father, I am sure that he was of you, too. I hope that, in time, your memories are of comfort to you. I hope that you stay on here, as Don said, you are part of our family now, and we would like to hear more from you. Deb

Tanya.

Please accept my sympathies on the passing of your father. I was very moved by your post. As a 46 yr old father of two girls, I felt like I was reading your message through the eyes of your father, (as if it was my girls writing the post) and I felt VERY proud of you. Take care,

David P.

Hello Tanya,

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my father to nonsmall cell lung cancer in november of last year. I am also from Calgary. My mother lives there now, but I am from South Korea. If there is anything I can do for you, even a place to vent, please email me. You are not alone. Mirrell