Nancy B

Connie B

Hi guys, thanks for asking. I haven't posted as I didn't want to sound like a whiner. The chemo/radiation combo has just about done me in. I have 10 radiation treatments left and 2 chemo, but my blood counts are pretty low so they cancelled this weeks chemo. Will get checked again tomorrow. I have had a really hard time getting the nausea and vomiting under control. Just generally feeling sh""ty. They may have to do a platelet transfusion, my port is on the radiated side (burned) - see what I mean about whining! I do check on you guys daily and all of you are in my prayers.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Nancy,

Please post as much as you want. And NEVER worry about whining, I take the top award for that, so you are safe.

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. Keep repeating the mantra my mom was told, they make you so sick so they can make you better. Hopefully next year at this time it will all be a distant memory.

My mom had a platelet transfusion at one point during her chemo too, I think she said she felt a bit better after.

Keep us posted.

Nancy,

Please never, never feel you are "whining" just want to make sure you're ok....I know about the fatigue...my husband is downstairs on the couch passed out from exhaustion, and it doesn't take much anymore for him to get that way.

I hate seeing the crummy side effects that this does....can I say it ...it SUCKS!

...just try to take care of yourself the best you can ...and you know if there is anything we can do.....and u know people here really mean it!!!

Grace

Nancy--

If anyone was ever entitled to a whine or two, it's you. That said... telling us you feel sh---y (Mom's term was 'like hammered dog sh--' isn't whining. It's telling us the truth so we can send you hugs and let you know that we're rooting for you and care.

So--(((((((Nancy B)))))))). I'm rooting for you! I care!

I hope some gentler days are ahead for you.

Oh Nancy, I don't ever think sharing your journey is considered whining. This is what we are all here for, and caring about you is all part of being friends and offering support. It's just nice to hear from you now and then, and like everyone, I too am so very sorry your having such a rough time. BUMMER, BIG BUMMER!

I'll just take that as, the treatments are WORKING!

And I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers each and every day my friend.

Nancy,

I hope you get the platelets. You will feel SO much better when/if you do! The sooner the better. No kidding.

Thank God for those who donate. (hint, hint to all of you that are able) WE love you for it.

And listen, while on the subject of shi_, I had to laugh at tree's mom's saying. I never heard that one before.

Do you remember this one? Feel like I got shot at and missed and shi_ at and hit? I had nearly forgotten it.

Get well soon!

love,

Cindi

Don't worry about sounding whiney - Andrea has the sash and tiara to show she's the queen of whine and we still listen to her and love her!!!

One of the requirements of this board is that we come on and gripe and whine from time to time.......this time it must be your turn even though you didn't sound whiney to me.

So sorry that this is kicking your butt so badly, just do what you need to do and post when you can. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Geri

One hint Nancy- if you decide to whine on here you need to do it loudly, to drown out the rest of us whining at one time or another.. :wink:

Am sorry that you are not having the easiest time. I think of you often and will keep wishing you well.

No chemo again today, all counts are still down, wbc still at 1.9, got a shot of Neupogen today and will go tomorrow for a booster, blood work on Wedn. and hopefully chemo on Thursday and 1 more week of radiation. Then 4 weeks or so off and either Navelbine or Topotecan (sp) for 4 to 6 months. A little further down the road I will probably have more questions - so very glad you guys are here.

Love and hugs,

Nancy B