randyw

RandyW

I passed my physical. :D Yearly today with no problems, well one. :? BP was 138 over 100 I weigh in at an astounding 300 even. :shock: I do walk a little occasionally. Dr put me on BP med and said if I lose 100 pounds, I lose bp meds. 8) He doesn't want to see me mor ethan once a year or so he said. :( Got the FULL physical and wouldn't even put on soft music or light a candle for me. :roll: of all the nerve!! :evil: oh yeah I do not look 300 maybe 275. weighed 275 when I got marrried 9 years ago!! :P

Hi Randy, No you must be tall...Big bones, Randy, big bones. :)

After the stents I had to start exercising and eliminate all fat. My weight has slowly dropped about 1-2 lb per week. I try to eat big breakfast and then stop eating after 3pm.

Exercise (even just slow walking or bike) at least 30 minutes everyday can bring down the BP.

I don't think 200 lbs is unreasonable. Some of us are just not meant to be that skinny. Is your doctor a shrimp or what?

Good luck on the changes Randy. :)

Barb

Maybe that should be the next group effort...........lcsc weight loss program!!

Seems there may well be a few of us in the same boat Randy, personally if I could gain another 6-8 inches in height I may well be considered a perfect size, if not a little underweight - dreams, dreams, dreams.

Good luck with your b-p issues and we'll lose weight together ----- you first!

Geri

Great to hear, Randy. I will be keeping you company with the weight loss issue. Seems I have gained 25 pounds in less than 2 years and no matter what I do, it just won't come off. In fact, had to go to PCP yesterday and......SURPRISE.........gained about 2 more sincee last time. BUMMER.

Kasey

Randy,

Congrats on the physical! I too have high BP (AND Diabetes). I also need to lose weight (AND get more exercise). Like Geri said maybe we can help each other to lose the excess weight. What do you think about LCSC's Biggest Loser? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hang in there and keep up the good work!

God Bless,

Sharon

Funny this post should come up now. There actually is a website called "americaonthemove.org that encourages walking and healthy life style. You can organize your own club within the site and track each others progress. All that is required is a pedometer (price range at Sports Authority is about $5.00-$30.00). They send you an e-mail each day and give you a suggestion about adding more steps to your routine or ways to reduce calories. Works for me.

Trish

Good news on the physical.

Weightloss is a bear, but in addition to cardio throw some weight lifting in there but do really slow reps with light weight (7 seconds up 7 seconds down for 7 reps and then repeat after a short rest) eat 5 small meals a day (A can of tuna and a banana would be one for me. 2 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal would be another) I don't eat that well all the time, but I figure every meal I can make that way is a little victory.

I like my burger or pizza too though.

I found this link for Dr. Oz and the "you on a diet" program times. I thought this was really good show.

http://health.discovery.com/fansites/droz/droz.html

I am the last person to give advice on weight loss. I've always been stocky and should have been watching my diet years ago and but I couldn't get serious until the stents.

I'm going to stop if/when I get down to 170lbs - that will be down about 80 lbs and that's enough! :)

Good Luck Randy.

Barb

Randy, you spend so much time meeting the needs of others in reaearch and info. Thank you, thank you. Don't ignore your own needs. Get some exercise for the body as well as your clever mind. We do appreciate you so much and all the time you give us. Just can't say thank you enough. We want to keep you around so move those muscles. God bless you pammie