I am still here!

Hello to all! I am still here but times have been so tough. My husband finished his 6 rounds of chemo January 4 and we had the CT just a week ago to show the progress. It was not what we had hoped for. The cancer has progressed to the other lung but he is feeling pretty good and we are thankful for every day he feels good. He does not want to know his prognosis still and has decided he is still alive because he doesn't know he is supposed to be dead. He said he wants to keep it that way. Well, that is one way to look at it and I respect his wishes, so long as they do not affect him adversely in any way. It is hard to balance everything and also to stay positive but I do the best I can. I feel so overwhelmed and I have nightmares nightly but just hang in there and do the best I can with a smile on my face as much as possible.

I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how it was going for your husband. Like everyone else, I am sorry that your news is not better. How are your kids holding up? I admire you for being so strong and brave. Keep staying positive and enjoy your time together.

Mendy

Hi

I was thinking and wondering about how you guys were making out too. My husband does not know any of his updated prognosis either., it is harder on me as I am sure it is harder on you in that aspect too. Stay strong - that is the big thing. We have no idea as to what to expect in the future - it is like a big roller coaster ride. Quality is important. All the best, Heather

You are so strong and brave. I know what you are going through as my husband has refractory sclc that has returned to his bones. It's so sad to see someone so young and vibrant go through this. It's not fair. You are your husband are such a lovely young couple and should have many happy years together. This helps me when I am really down.

God grant me the Serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

Courage to change the things I can;

and Wisdom to know the difference

Hi I'm sorry to hear the results were not what you were hoping for. My Mom also has Small Cell Extensive. I have read all of your posts and feel so bad for your family. I am hoping because he is young and healthy otherwise that he can beat this!! Stay positive-I know that has done wonders for my Mom and I. Take it one day @ a time and hopefully it will stay stable for awhile and then you can start some new chemo that will shrink it some more.

Dar

My wife never knew what the doctor was writing in his reports and what the rumors were in the office and on the hospital floor. She never knew they were saying weeks and then months.

I think that is why she is still alive today 1 year and counting after DX and start of treatment.

Take care of yourselves - happily - Chanwit

I've been looking for an update from you. Your story has always touched me since I came on the board. Our hubbies were diagnosed around the same time.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the results you hoped for. You've all been through so much. But I can hear the strength in your words -- you stay strong and know there are lots of people out here thinking of you all the time. For what it's worth, I think your hubby has the right attitude.

When I saw your subject line, it made me think of Langston Hughes's poem "I'm Still Here"

I been scared and battered.

My hopes the wind done scattered.

Snow has friz me,

Sun has baked me,

Looks like between 'em they done

Tried to make me

Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'--

But I don't care!

I'm still here!

Sound familiar?

I love that one. I love the simple defiance of still being here, despite the odds.

Stay strong! You are in my prayers.

:) Kelly