Non LC MRI.........arrrgg!

Geri

I guess I'm needing some help here, need some extra positive thinking.

Yesterday I had a breast MRI and tonight I have found out that I have 2 very small lumps that need to be biopsied, they're very close together and the surgeon was very positive about it all.

Crap is about all I can say!!!

Before I go any further.....I'm not planning my funeral, not even going in that direction. I'm thinking positive and even if they are malignant they're tiny and I'll deal with whatever comes along.

Two weeks ago I noticed a dimple that wasn't cute, and sure as hell was not where it could ever classified as such, so I went to the dr who ordered a mamogram and because of the dimple an ultrasound was done automatically.

The results came back as clear on both tests and they were ready to tell me to come back in a year.........hold on says I, I want an MRI, my peace of mind is not up for grabs and I'm not waiting a year. They informed me that my insurance probably wouldn't cover it - it didn't - but I was adamant that it was going to be done. Bill me if you need to, I'll go into hock if I have to but someone's going to order this MRI before I leave here!! I was nice about it but wasn't taking no for an answer.

My task tomorrow is to get my pictures from the local hospital and get another dr at Dartmouth (where my onc and all my records are) to check it all out and do a biopsy.

Now don't this beat it all......I bet my insurance company will pay for that bloody MRI now, what a foolhardy set of criteria they have for breast MRI coverage.......no discernable lump, no family history, no pay. Have to admit though that it's the best $2,100 I was set to spend in a long time!

So there you have it, any spare prayers going my way will be much appreciated and hopefully tomorrow my head will be a little clearer.

Thanks for your support

Geri

Geri,

I certainly am praying for you. I am also going to print your words out and put them in my cup of coffee in the morning. Your attitude has a great lift Geri and I certainly need some of that for the times when the down times hit me.

Carol

Geri, you are the poster girl for being your own advocate. We know our own bodies and our own anxiety levels better than any doc in the world.

I sure hope they are just these damn unimportant things that pop up as we age, but whatever they are, you have found them very, very early. Please let us know as soon as you find out. All things crossed for you my friend.

oh Geri, I can always spare a aprayer for somebody. Even got a spare blanket in the dryer just for you. Hang in there, Htink Positive. everything will work itself out.

Well GEEZ, Geri :roll: !!!!! Enough already! I just LOVE the speaking up for yourself part, you know I do :P . Let's get this behind you ASAP and move on. I'll be wishing, hoping, and crossing everything I am still able to cross that all is well. Glad you have that Dartmouth contact. I remember being informed my insurance wouldn't pay for a PET scan, so I said I would self pay. Funny thing.......it got paid. I think sometimes they think they can bully us into backing down :x . Glad you showed them. Hope this is all taken care of in a timely manner so we aren't biting our fingernails too long :? .

Kasey

Thanks for all the good wishes, the ball is rolling to go to Dartmouth - all this happened after hours last night so I've had a few hours to stew.

Nina, I only knew to ask for a breast MRI because my friend had one a couple of years ago after a clear mammogram. Her dr suggested it as her sister had been dx with cancer a few months before, a tumor was found, she had surgery and tx and she is now healthy because of a diligent dr.

My LC and all those "what-ifs" made me insist, I didn't want another part of my body to worry about.

Will keep you all posted.

Geri

Geri,

Clearly those lumps haven't read your profile and have no idea who they're up against!

Hats off to you for taking such initiative to demand the MRI. Prayers that it's nothing serious. And if it is, I have no doubt that you'll be on the winning side.

• 2 weeks later...