We're on to Plan B...

teriw

We received Bill's PET/CT scan and brain MRI results yesterday. The PET/CT shows progression in the chest since December (still only one side), and the other hot spots outside of the chest are showing up again. Less than it was at diagnosis, but certainly more than we'd hoped for. One suspicious area on the bone has resolved. The plan is to start Topotecan on Monday (5 days in a row) and go from there. No radiation yet.

On the upside, the brain MRI is clear.

This obviously wasn't the news we wanted to hear, but it could have been worse. The past week of anticipating the scans and waiting for the results has been hard (it felt almost like it did at diagnosis) and we've hit some emotional lows, but having a plan has helped us both regain our fighting spirit.

Teri and Bill,

You two are so strong. I've been waiting all morning to hear the news and hoped for better. Bill, I hope you'll be able to tolerate this Topotecan. My Bill has very little side effects, just slight fatigue but some low blood counts. Thank God your MRI of the brain is clear. I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep the faith

Laurie

Teri,

I'm very sorry to hear that you two didn't get better news. It is such an emotional setback. It hurts. Boy, I do remember getting that type of news.

Sometimes, though, the doctors don't get it right the first time. I have faith that the Topotecan will be the one that will do it!!

Stay strong and tell Bill I am praying for him and that we miss his posting. I do understand his absence though.

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you two.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Thanks for updating us. My mom had similar results a couple weeks ago. Brain MRI was clear and mild progression elsewhere. While it is always hard to hear progression, we were over the top excited that the brain MRI was clear. Hang on to the good news and keep the faith.

I am always pulling for you both! It is so hard to wait for the results but I think once you do receive them, you are so set up for anything that you are ready to go again. I am sorry you guys are going through this. Thoughts of peace and comfort being sent out for you.

Hugs...Flowergirlie

Teri and Bill:

Terrific news about the clear brain MRI. I figure there's way too much activity going on up there to give the cancer a chance to settle in! :)

Looking for a strong, positive response to the Topotecan. You guys are a great team and an inspiration to us all. My best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Teri,

The MRI news is good. I am glad that you have plan B. Every day we learn a little more. Planning ahead with options really make things easier. I have that spot on the hip and I don’t know what it is. If it turns out to be cancer I too have a plan. If we are always ahead of it with a plan, things are a little easier. This keeps the stress down, which is so important. This allows us to enjoy each day to its fullest.

Now you want to here my big problem? I had a tire blow out on landing. I managed to get off the runway and told ground control, “it was a good day up until now, but the weather is great” Just a blown tire. I guess I should have got out and changed the tire before I landed. :lol::lol: No I am not blonde.

Will keep you both in prayer.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Terri and Bill,

Great news on the MRI. I guess with this disease, we have to take the good with the not so good. My sister starts on Topotecan on Wednesday. She is kinda down too about it too. I talked with her last night. She is also doing radiation again. Her doctor told her to eat lots of yogart, and vegetables and fruit to help the WBC. She is not wanting those shots again, but you have to do what you have to do. As Bill said,"It is what it is." Please know we are thinking of you both and you are in our prayers. Stay positive and keep believing!

Love,

Bobby

Firstly, Ernie I'm glad you landed safely!!!

Once again, a big thanks to everyone for their care and support. I feel like I'm saying that a lot lately -- I guess that's because I've been on the receiving end of support, prayers, and well wishes here these past days. It's made a huge difference. Hope I can give back equally.

A lot of people tell me I'm being strong. That has everything to do with my hubby, his sense of humor, and his amazing attitude. Here's an example:

We're talking to my parents on the phone today about the results. They have a fairly large orchard in the front of their house that we lovingly refer to as "Pet Cemetery," because of the three beloved pets buried there. When my dad tells Bill that he's out working in the orchard, Bill replies, "you better not be digging a hole for me next to Barney!" (Barney being a lovable brown lab they had to put down a few years ago.)

That's who I'm living with! :wink:

Much love to you all,

Teri,

I just want to join everyone else in my good wishes for good results from the Topotecan. Your husband has a great sense of humor and that helps so much. I miss his posts. Don't ever doubt your strenth. When necessary you can dig deep and get through the tough moments, which I hope are very few.

Mendy