bad news

Jay

I was so anxious about going to the doctor. I was trying to be positive, I was really trying to think the scan would come clear. I was scared that the reason for the head aches and nauseas was brain mets... and I was right. I suppose a biopsy is needed to confirm the diagnosis??? I don't even know what to think, where to start and what to write here at the moment. My mind is blank and I have so many questions.

I just thought I would let you guys know as you are all so important to me. I'll post more later, today or... something.

Jay, so sorry . You say they saw something in your brain on the scan, this is still do able. Let us know what is the doctors plan. When are you seeing a doctor regarding treatment? Please keep us posted. Donna G

Ohhh Jay, that really sucks!!, :x:x , but Donna's right it's do able, especially for you cause you got age on your side. Besides I just have a feeling about you, that if anybodies gonna be a miracle it will be you. :roll:

So pick yourself up, take a deep breath, put one foot in front of the other and do what the doctors tell ya. And, keep us informed, cause we'll all be worried about you.

know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers

God bless and hang in there :)

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Oh Jay, I am so sorry to hear this news. I don't know what to say. Where are you? Did you ever move to Canada? Please let us know what the doctors say about treatment. I know you know how much we all care about you and your family. We'll be here.

Dear Jay,

So sorry to hear the news but as so many on this board have advised try and stay positive. There are miracles all around us that we take for granted every day! The board is a wonderful place for us all. So chin up and remeber some days are just brighter than others! Our thougths and prayers are with you.

Take good care,

Botley

Jay,

I am so sorry to hear this news and I know how frightening it can be. Bill's brain met was successfully treated with stereotactic radiosurgery (some on this board have had gamma knife - Bill's was called X knife - similar procedure). It was a one day procedure that went very well and he had no ill effects afterward. Please inquire about this.

Prayers for you,

Peg

Jay, I am so sorry to read about your news. It's not what we were hoping to hear. I hope you have a good doctor who wants to operate and treat this though. I am thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs.

Hey Jay.

I know just when you think things can't get any worse... WHAM... they do. Life is really like a box of chocolates -- except everything is in the form of tests and challenges. Your tests seem to be getting tougher, and you've been handling them all beautifully I might add. This latest challenge can also be handled; it might take more out of you than anything you have ever done before, but you Jay CAN DO IT!!

Take care.

David P.

Jay

This is not the end of the world. I have a brain met that was treated with gamma knife and whole brain radiation, and so far nothing new is up there. It sometimes seems those are more easily treated than what is in our chests. You definitely have to put your game face on now, you have to have a positive attitude to keep your sanity through this crap.

My Dear Jay,

Do not get depressed for brain mets are treatable. Buddy had 3 mets to his brain back in 02/03 and had whole head radiation to get rid of those three and any others that might have been lurking around. He was told that if there were any signs of coming back they would do other procedures such as gamma knife or another kind that i cannot for the life of me think of right now. He has not had to have any other fix for his brain mets are still gone. He was having problems with his one leg giving away and that is how his was found. Think positive, you are a great fighter....

Jay, I am so sorry for the news about the brain mets. There IS alot that can be done for brain mets, it just takes a game plan, as was mentioned several times above. My dad had a procedure called Gamma Knife for his three mets, and it worked in ONE session, it is a high dose of radiation that is aimed DIRECTLY at the tumors, leaving the healthy tissue untouched. PM me if you would like more information about it.

Please take care, and we are here for you. Deb

Jay,

Hang in there and all will be OK. Sorry to hear the diagnosis, you are strong and will beat this set back. It is always hard to get results of tests but you are young and will beat this. Praying for you every day....

God Bless and praying for a "Cure" for all of us....

Karen