It's official ... progression

TracyD

Yes, it's true ... cancer really sucks. The primary tumor is definitely growing and there are now nodules in my left lung (what I previously considered the "good" lung). The growth is small, but it is no longer questionable.

We are moving on to Alimta, had my first infusion today. We were given the choice of waiting until next week, but we're not giving this stupid thing another day to grow. Compared to the carbo/taxol/avastin infusion alimta is a breeze, five hours versus 10 minutes. I can feel the cancer dying (again) already.

We've got a lot of plans this weekend with good friends, you know, the kind of people that will let me sit on a couch and wait on me hand and foot if needed.

I feel that I'm in a much better place starting chemo this time than last, I'm not as panicky. I asked my doc how many chemos there are to try and he told me that there are lots and that I would run out of patience before we ran out of chemos to try ... I told him I have a LOT of patience.

My last treatment lasted 10 months, I figure, if I can get that out of Alimta that will get me to two years, and by then there will something new to try.

Have a good night all, thanks for being here.

Tracy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good news of course, :cry: but I gotta tell you Tracy, they really have come a long ways with all the new chemo's. They only had about 5 kinds when I was first dx.d. So maybe one of these little drugs may just be the bullet that kicks this crud out of your system.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and have a GREAT WEEKEND! Sounds like My kind of Friends! :wink::D Enjoy!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

We havent' talked recently and I was just SO hoping that you could just 'forget' about this for, at least, a little while. Somehow, I didn't want to be the 'reminder' about LC. I will call you pretty darn soon, that's for sure. And don't forget to send all this latest news to Bethesda. Ya never know!

Tracy, I am down and angry and disappointed and so many other things all at the same time. We support you and love you and damn it...............why can't that be enough?

Your support system is outta this world. Your husband is the 'best' there is. Sure wish you weren't given this hurdle to jump, but jump it you will. Remember, we are here 24/7. And we love you.

Aunt Kasey

Sorry about the progression, but way to "move-on". Glad you can feel the cancer dying - I love that feeling! I'm thankful the Alimta seems easy so far. Hope it continues that way for you. Have a great weekend and let those cancer cells die!

Hated to read about the progression. You are a fighter and have the right attitude. I will be saying prayers of support and healing for you.

Carol

As your Dear Aunt Kasey said: Damn it!

I hope you find the right chemo to keep it stable. Read Mr. Ry's profile if you already haven't. He's been dealing with this horrid disease for what Ry, five years now? You just have to maintain a step ahead. With your determined attitude, my guess, you can do it! Best of luck Tracy, you're a doll.

Hi Tracy,

I'm sorry to read the results of your CT weren't what we had hoped, but I gotta love your attitude going into this next round.

Many, many hopes from me that Alimta will be the magic bullet, and bless your onc for having all kinds of backup plans.

Good luck to you,

Cindy

Tracy,

So sorry to hear that your disease has progressed. I know how that feels. It seems you and I have been on a similar treatment plan. Unfortunately, I did not respond to Alimta, and am now on Taxotere (sister drug to Taxol). I really feel the cancer dying as you say with this drug. Hope the Alimta works well for you. If it doesn't, there are plenty more drugs to try like your onc says! I'm keeping you in my prayers.

God Bless,

Sharon

To put with your fighting attitude . . .

Give em Hell Harry!!!

How about Barbra Striesand's "Don't Bring Around a Cloud to Rain on My Parade"

Have you read any Bernie Siegel? Besides "Love, medicine and Miracles" he has "How to Live Between Office visits" and "How to Be an Exceptional patient"

thinking of you

gail

Tracy,

I'm soo sorry to hear this news but you definitely have the right attitude. Your oncologist sounds like mine. He told me Tuesday after discussing the liklihood that I have progression (will know more tomorrow) that there are still sooo many chemo's to try. We just need to be confident that they will find what works. Call me when you feel up to it and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lilly