Bad Scan Results

Guest DaveG

Today, November 4th, I had a CT Scan. The results of the scan shows that I now have mets to my liver. I am being considered for a clinical trial and will know about that in 3 weeks. Emotionally and spiritually, I am not doing well, nor is my wife, with this news.

Ahhh, Dave!!!

Got a tear in my eye and can't help saying this disease SUCKS!!; My very, very best to you and your family and know I'll be praying for ya real hard!! Hang in, and keep on fighten it!! :x:x

God bless ya Dave & may they please find a cure for this monster!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

It mustve been so hard to hear that news, but please do what you always have done - roll up your sleeves and say,"okay, so what do I do about this, doc?"

Im sure it must be hard to always have to pick yourself back up, as Norme always puts it, this sure is a rollercoaster ride - good news, bad news, discouraging news, waiting........on and on. Please take the advice you have always given us when we needed it. Get back in and fight. Youre our hero!!!

Oh Dave,

This is a hard one buddy. My advice to you is to take Barb and go away somewhere. Go somewhere warm (near a golf course) and spend some time together away. Regroup and come back ready to kick butt. Be with your family while you're feeling well.

We're all here for you.

Dave,

Hang tough. Breathe deeply.

Cancer is a disease, it is a part of the journey -- or roller coaster ride, as it may be.

Take some time. Think. Regroup.

Ask, What do I need to do now to be proactive on my own behalf?

Love your wife and your family. Savor the small blessings that are underfoot every day.

Have faith, and believe in miracles, one at a time.

God bless and keep you, Dave.

You and your wife are in my prayers.

Warmest,

MaryAnn

Dave,

Sorry to hear the latest news. But you are a fighter and after you have had some time to get used to the news you can start planning your new strategy. There are many things that can be done for the liver. I'm sure your doctor will do what's best for you. Take care of yourself.

You are in my prayers daily.

Teet

Oh Dave,

Again, another dose of bad news, I am so sorry.

We just got that same news a little over a month ago. Earl is now on Taxol/Carbo, second treatment this monday and then scans to see if working.

If not working, then Earl goes on Iressa. So you can see we have at least two treatments mapped out and have not even considered clinical trials yet.

Also, Sue M mentioned about meeting with the radiation onc about 3 different treatments for liver mets. She hasn't posted the findings yet.

Hang in there Dave, as an old military man you know that the battle can take longer than expected, but the war can still be won.

Ginny

Dave,

I am sorry to hear the news! Please don't give up hope. As everyone has been telling you there is much to be done. Spend some time with your wife and loved ones regrouping and then come back ready for the fight. You are an amazing fighter and I know your strength will help you in this battle. You and your wife will be in my prayers.

Dave,

I know receiving this kind of news is tough for you, as well as all who care for you (which includes us.).

Take the time you need to adjust to the new reality. The good part of knowing exactly where you stand is that you can take that information and use it to search for new protocols, and different options, other treatments. They are out there, my friend.

Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Fay A.

Dave,

You have always seemed a serene presence on this board and right now, in the words of Darth Vader, "I feel a disturbance in the Force".

Charge the batteries in your light saber and come back swinging - I expect no less from you in what I've seen of you since I've been here.

You are in my thoughts.

Becky

Dave, I am so sorry about the news. We never want to think it is spreading. We all think we will be the one to beat it. We may all be right! I can only say that God has His reasons and we have no clue as to what they are. I know we are given the strength to handle what ever comes our way. I grow daily in His love and grace because of this disease. Love to you and your family. Cindy