Hi! I'm Carolyn and my dad has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and it has spread to some lymph nodes. We are awaiting an appointment with an oncologist. I have been a nervous reck and I'm sure you can all relate. We are armed for a battle!!!

11-5-07 Dad met with an oncologist and the radiation doctor. Stage 3B w/left, right and center nodes affected. Inoperable because tumor has wrapped around the aorta.

11-6-07 Dad had his 1st, 4 hr chemo. Did great. We go back tomorrow for a CT Scan and in 3 weeks another dose of chemo and start radiation. Radiation will be 5 days a week for 7 weeks. We travel over 1 hr to get to and from the hospital.

Hi there,

Welcome to LCHelp community!

I really understand how hard it is to wait until the doctor visit. It can surely rattle even the calmest nerves!

I would suggest that you read some of the great survivor stories under "My story". Lung Cancer is not necessarily a death sentence and there are many of us surviving and thriving on this board.

I personally have had significant lymph node involvement at diagnosis and I am here today still enjoying life.

God bless you and your family right now.

Wendy

Welcome Carolyn. This board is wonderful. I am a new member myself and really like all the advice and stories I read on here. I am sorry your dad was diagnosed with lung cancer but you just tell him to fight it and fight it with all he has in him. That is what I am doing. Never give up.

Welcome Carolyn. It's unfortunate that you have to be here. This board offers plenty of information and support and everyone here is great. Lot's of insight and perspective.

Please take a minute to update your profile as it assists everyone in understaniding where you are in your journey.

Best wishes.