Diagnosed with NSCLC Stage 4

rainbow

Hi everyone,

My name is Denise and I am 51 years old. I am so glad I found this site. I was diagnosed with Non small cell lung cancer, state IV 1 month ago. I have a tumor in one lung the size of a quarter and lump in a lymph node in my armpit, rather I had a lump in my armpit. They removed th lymph node and biopsied it to find out it is adenocarcimonas. I have had one chemo treatment. I am on Taxol, carboplatin and avastin. My hair is falling out. :cry: I have high hopes that the treatment will work. My doc said a week after the 2nd treatment he will do a cat scan to see if the tumor has shrunk. I pray that it does.

Wishing everyone many blessings.

Hi Denise. I too am glad you found this site. It is wonderful. I am a new member too. I am sorry to hear you were diagnosed with this but your attitude sounds wonderful. Keep that up. Alwya fight with everything you have in you. That is what I am doing. We will not let this get the better of us, no way. Good luck with the treatment and I will pray that your tumor shrinks.

My hair fell out too and when it started to fall out I went and had it shaved off. Now I like my bald look and my husband lovingly calls me baldy. LOL.

Hello to you both. As you know, we are here for you and we will be glad to offer you the collective, accumulated knowledge that we have gained through this experience.

Also want to direct you to www.onctalk.com, an invaluable resource for everyone in our position.

Rainbow, were there other metastasis or was it just the primary lung tumor + the lymph node in the armpit? While certainly carbo/taxol/avastin is 100% the current norm for first line chemo in nsclc, I'd be interested in asking Dr. West from onctalk if you could be a candidate for surgery after chemo/radiation.

Welcome rainbow. It's unfortunate that we have to be here, but it is a great site for information gathering, experience sharing, and support. Everyone here is great.

Please take a minute to update your profile as it helps everyone understand where you are in this journey.

We wish you all the best.

Hi, rainbow, welcome!

I second Adrian's recommendation about onctalk.com. That's a great place (in fact, by far the best place) to direct technical medical questions. Dr. West is committed to answering every question in a balanced, thorough way without stepping on the toes of your local oncologist. He usually answers within 24 hours.

Of course when it comes to personal experience with various treatments, tips on coping, and the like, we're always here!

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hello our Rainbow (Denise) Friend, So glad to meet you. Sounds like your lumpy's and bumpys are no surprise to anyone here! :roll::wink: Your in good company! I hope you'll hang around for a whlie and get to know us. We're a GREAT group of people from all over the world.

We are here to make this journey a little easier for you. It's doable but we can make light of it for you and we can hold your hand and take it step by step.

We'ere here for you. Your not alone.