A New Member

GranFran

Hi ...

I was diagnosed with Non Small Cell Lung Cancer in Aug of this year. My medical team advised chemo and radiation therapy to reduce cancer in the mediastinum and lymph nodes. I completed the treatments earlier this month and my surgical oncologist said we can proceed to surgery (which from what I have read is a blessing). I am scheduled for surgery on Dec 18. This may sound like I am very matter of fact about my diagnosis, but as each of you know, it has been anything but matter of fact. At each stage of this journey I have gone through long nights of worry and apprehension about the results of each MRI, CT scan, biopsy and mediastinoscopy (and all other test, etc). I have terrific love and support from family and friends. I am a retired grandma, age 65. I have always had good health so this diagnosis has really hit me hard. I think this forum will be good for me to have some of my questions and anxieties discussed. I also pray that I will be able to help others through my experiences in the coming months.

Thanks

GranFran

Hi GranFran-

Welcome!! Sorry you have to be here but you will find this place is wonderful!! You will receive much information, support and caring here.

Let us know about your surgery and please keep us updated on your treatments and progress.

Will be sending prayers and cyber hugs to you on the 18th!

Patti B.

Welcome GranFran:

Very sorry to learn of your diagnosis but this is the very best place to come to for help and support. Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing. I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Good Luck & God Bless

wendyr

Welcome,

I wish you much luck on your upcoming surgery.

I too am a non small cell survivor. My journey started 3 3/4 yr ago (You can see my lc history below). Do you know what they are planning on doing? Are you having a lobe removed, two lobes.....or?

There are many survivors here. Let us know if we can help you through the journey.

Wendy

Welcome to our group. I started with chemo and radiation also, then surgery. I am just celebrating 10 years of survival. Prayers going up for a smooth surgery for you. Keep us posted.

DonnaG

Welcome GranFran,

Sorry you have the need to find us, but I'm glad you did. I too am a NSCLC Survivor. You can read my profile below.

I hope you'll stay with us and become part of this wonderful group of friends. You'll find great comfort here and lots of support.

Best wishes on your surgery and I'm sure you'll come through it just fine! Keep us posted.

Welcome GranFran,

Just wanted to let you know that I had pretty much the same treatment plan that you have. My surgery was in July 2005 and I have had clean scans since. My best to you and do stay positive. I am also a grandmother. I had one grandchild when I was diagnosed. God has Blessed me to live to see another grandchild come into the world. Prayers

Carol