CaroleHammett Posted July 29, 2008 Share Posted July 29, 2008 Dear friends. I've known my tumor and lymph nodes have been growing since 12/07 and that 2nd and 3rd line chemo wasn't working. And, as many of you already know, earlier this month, after learning that my remaining possible chemo options had only a 10% chance of working and a 90% chance of severe side effects, I opted to cease further treatment in favor of Quality of Life. Last Thursday, I had a PET scan, requested in order to have a better idea re my progression rate, and yesterday afternoon I learned from my oncologist that I now have mets to both my liver and my left (good) lung--in addition to the growth and spread of my original RLL tumor and metastasized lymph nodes both inside and outside my chest cavity. This coming Saturday will mark the beginning of a wonderful two-week vacation in San Diego and Mexico with my daughter and mother--a time during which the three of us can create new memories and recount old ones, further forging the strong bond that has existed between us since my daughter's birth. There is a part of me that is sad, but my overwhelming feelings right now are more about what a lucky woman I am, what a wonderful life I've lived and what great friends and family I have--including all of you, who have come to mean so much to me since my dx. And now I'm off to bed... I've got to get plenty of sleep this week so as to have maximum energy on this vacation, which will be very much needed as I plan to dance 'til I drop! Affectionately, Carole Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.