It is diverticulosis

carolhg

Good news! If you remember my post where I was so scared because my fecal occult test was positive for blood in my stool. Well the results from my floroscopy was that I have diverticulosis. I had the procedure on Tuesday and got the results today. Thank you all for your prayers and concern.

Carol

YAHOO!!!! CAROL!!!!

I swear, this is probably one of the few places on earth where we are GLAD when someone has something like diverticulosis or an infection!!!!

But........I am so happy for you - I can only imagine the worry you went through. So celebrate this weekend - I do believe some are going to the Pub to celebrate others good scans - meet you there - I will buy!!! :lol::lol:

Hugs - Patti B.

Well, of course it's only diverticulitis, Carol!!!! How about that! I'll celebrate that with you. I'm still celebrating Barb's good news from earlier today, so I'm well on my way to a great weekend and I bet you are too. Anything special you need to do for it? You know SOME people would be bowled over by such a dx, but not us here - no sirree bob! We thinks it's just GREAT! Glad you let us know. I've been wondering.

Love,

Kasey

• 1 month later...

Carol,

You see? :D

We were right!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE 8)

OK, so how come I just found your post? I must be getting slow on the uptake. :roll:

My grandmother had diverticulosis for so many decades. She really watched those seeds and nuts of which Maryanne has spoken.

My brother-in-law has it, as does Bill.

According to my last colonoscopy, I have a "touch" of that, as well.

Barbara

Thanks to everyone for your replies to my post. I am doing good. After lung cancer every thing else seems minor. I know that is not the case all the time, but I certainly handle other health problems a lot better. I still eat most what I want. I was never much of a meat eater and had been a vegetarian for ten years. I still eat nuts, I just make sure that I chew them very, very well. I make sure that I eat yogurt daily and drink plenty of water.

Carol

Carol, I myself have diverticulosis. It's no fun but if you learn to manage it, you'll be fine. Certainly avoid all nut and I would highly recommend MiraLax. It's very gentle and will help you a lot!

Good news!