Making the mask in the morning!!

bobmc

Hi all;

ALAS; moving forward at last, :):):) and feeling good about it!!

I met with my new radiology oncologist and staff today. I new I was in the right place when I saw the ALCASE poster on the wall and loads of LC inf. I told em they made my day as a lung cancer survivor .

:)

Anyway, they are part of the Overlook Hospital Group in Northern NJ, they are affiliated with the Cancer Institute of NJ and Brain Tumor Insitute of NJ and have been performing sterotactic surgery since 1994. More than anything though, a very, thoughtfull and caring group.

:)

Tomorrow, AM they will be making a mask of my face, :shock:, Yea this outta be good!! and we will start doing 4 weeks of WBR to start. It will be a lower dossage for a longer period which will hopefully maximize effectiveness and min. long term effects. After an additional 2 weeks, we'll take new scans and if required do the sterotactic radeosurgery. The tumors are small so we may have a chance here!!

I still have issue's related to the possibility of cancer in my chest and my med. onc. is working on a plan for that, but it's not as pressing as the brain. Good to be a SURVIVOR today! and to start getting it on!! 8)

God bless us all, and thanks for being there!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Okay, where's Ry? Am I the ONLY person concerned with the idea of Bob's face imprint being displayed a la Martha Stewart?? I can see the 30 minute show on just HOW to use a face cast to display the "season's best" flowers and how it can also be arranged as an herb garden or as a salad bowl...

Maybe even an infomercial done by a guy with a horribly fake British accent extolling the virtues of "Tossing with Bob" and the tasty fries that can be tossed by adding oil, vinegar and seasonings to the head and shaking a bunch of tater strips to be fried in healthy canola oil Mmmm-Mmm-Mmmm, good stuff, Maynard...

But wait, you ALSO get Bob's ear molds to use as matching salt and pepper shakers! ...and to the first 100 callers, we'll add placemats made of Bob's scans....THAT'S RIGHT, a $5000 value, YOURS FREE if you call right now - our operators are standing by!

Glad to see you are getting on with your fight, Bob! Circle the wagons and start shooting!

XXOO

Becky

I got your back on this one Becky. I'm seeing infomercials big time, maybe even QVC. For another $19.99 you can get Bob's entire torso. :P

Hey Bob, don't forget the air holes!!!! You were expecting what? Compassion?

We're here with you Bob!

Rochelle

Oh no, Sandy!! You just left us wide open for an onslaught of bids on X-Ray (the X-rated bodycasting site) for BOB'S BODY! ACK!

The sheer mass number of bids is going to crash the WHOLE internet! Beware! Lock your doors, hide your children, NO ONE is safe.... BOB-mania is sweeping the universe...

Sincerely, Bob, we are all behind you, 110% (Pssst...bidders, Bob's Bun Cast is going for $750 - do I hear $1000???)

Air holes in the face mask, Bob....don't think it's a necessity in the other casts... :roll: Anyhow, not from THIS side! LOL

Well Bob, with all these women bidding on your body parts, you might as well cancel your appointment tomorrow... your head will be WAY too big to make a mold OF. :roll:

If you still plan on going...good luck...it sounds like you are on the right road!!

Well Bob, since the other ladies here got first dibs on all your body and face scans that leaves very little to go for. I guess I'll have to go to ebay and bid right along with the rest of the world. Oh well that's just the way it goes sometimes. Just hoping along with everyone else that this is simple and kick some butt will you. Nancy O.

I am sure we could take the mask and offer it to hollywood, they would most likely make a movie around it and most likely star Johnny Depp. Heck they made a movie around some guy with scissor hands ...

OH MY GOD.... I laughed till I cried..... Bob, I am so happy you are pleased with your Docs... that makes things so much easier!! As far as the mask(s) go.... I am not touching this one with a ten foot pole, could get myself into some serious trouble here!!

You guys have wicked senses of humor... I LOVE IT....

PS>>>> I put a bid in for 1,000.00 or the full body..

Love you all, Sharon

Hi Bob,

well, there isn't much left for me to say except who owns E-Bay. I may need to buy the Company in order to get ALL THE PARTS. :lol::lol::lol:

Am so glad they are getting you started on the WHR. Just tell them to be sure to radiate away the mets but leave the brain (that is if they can find it). :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks everyone. Altho this was sent out for Bob I have laughed till I cried. It is truley amazing how people you don't know or have never met can cheer you up and make you laugh. That is what makes this site so special. Love you all.

Now, Bob, I am glad to see that you and your doctors have a plan in place and it sounds like a good one. Hope the radiation does the trick. Keep us informed and don't hide on us now.... :lol::lol:

Bruce

AMAZING!!!!

What a group !!! :):):) , I am just thrilled to death that you all are having such a grand time with this post. :P:P

I do think Fay's got it hands down with the frozen face, Love it!! :lol: Humor is a very healing thing, very good to be amounst ya all!!! Radiation treatment starts tomorrow and goes on for 4 weeks. I'll keep ya all posted.

God bless us all, and thanks for being there!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"