The Results... mostly good news!

Rower Michelle

Hi All

I saw the onc this morning for the CT results. Short answer: the cancer is STABLE.  The tumor is staying small- 1.1 CM.  This is considered an excellent result.  The doc said he was very pleased.  
I asked about targeted radiation for the residual tissue and he felt it wasn’t necessary at this time but could be an option in the future.  

The CT did pick up on some cardiac fluid which is most likely a side effect of the targeted therapy.  This also explains the mysterious six pound weight gain. We’re starting Lasix regularly with a precautionary cardiac work up next week.  I’ll return to the onc in two weeks.  

One year ago today I stumbled into this forum, so my humble thanks for getting me over the first year line.  So glad to be a part of this family. 

Carry on! 
Michelle

Thanks Tom, yep- not a fan of Lasix however as you know I am willing to do whatever it takes to be this. 
It took a long time to figure out how to work with this oncologist given his odd personality but he’s super smart so I will do as I’m told.  Until the labs & echo come back I’m restricted to walking, walking or walking.  Okay by me!  

Michelle, stable is good. Stay strong and just so you know you being here for us has helped. I
personally wish it wasn’t nessesary for you to have ever found us. 

Take Care

Paula

Thank you all!  I’m patiently waiting for the results of the BNP lab value on Monday, the echo is scheduled for Tuesday.  I hope this edema is “just” a side effect of the targeted therapy.  

I got curious and started to surf around (I know that’s a big no-no!). Wow. Google is such a dark place. No more of that for me. I think I’ll schedule a pedicure when the salon opens up on Tuesday.  

Yay sweets!!!! Great news ...I haven’t been on here near like I was, but always checking in and thinking of you.  You are an inspiration to me and I’m sure most people on here.  Love and Light ❤️

Archived