Scan time--good vibes welcome

LexieCat

Just went for my latest scans today. Fortunately, my appointment with the doc is tomorrow morning (along with my next infusion), so I don't have to sit on pins & needles for long. Seemed like the scans went super-fast this time. I'm not sure if that means anything--I sort of imagine that if something strange/alarming shows up on the image the tech would run another one or two scans to get a better look at it. Maybe that's just something my hopeful brain made up, though. I never ask the techs anything other than "did you get a good image," because I don't wanna put them on the spot. These will be the first scans since starting maintenance therapy, so I'm hoping everything still looks good.

On the up side, I got the results from my annual mammogram last week, and that was normal. My mom died of metastatic breast cancer in her early 50s, and I always figured if I got cancer, that was the most likely. So I'm always relieved when that comes back normal.

I also remembered, today, to get the EKG I need for my scheduled cataract surgery this Friday. Everybody tells me I'll be thrilled with the improvement in my vision--I sure hope so. I feel like I'm looking through the fog in that one eye. 

Just one adventure after another...

34 minutes ago, TJM said:

Fingers are crossed!

Tom, just a reminder to be careful handling hot liquids or sharp objects with those crossed fingers. :) 

It wouldn't be the first time I've induced a snore. At one time in my life I had a reputation as the person who was incapable of telling a short story. I've gotten much better with the digressions, lol.

Lexie,

Hoping for great scans and news.  I'll keep everything uncrossed this time, but push positive thoughts with all my might.

Lou

Archived