Need a spigot put in........

MO_Sugar

I got a call today from my Pulm. Dr. asking if we could do a Thorocentisis (sp) at 9am on Monday! Seems the chest xray I had yesterday shows a fluid build up again and he wants to get it BEFORE it hits 2 liters this time, lol. I just had one done last month so I am sure he is going to want to either do the talc procedure or something. I don't mind the fluid draw since it takes just a short time but it would be nice to not have to do it every month! We will see what he recommends on Monday and go from there. And here I was feeling so good this week!

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

MO

Mo,

"Feeling good" is a state of mind. If you decide that you don't feel that bad, then by Gosh you don't! You are one tough Bird!!! I am so impressed by your sprit. God Bless you Dear Girl!! Sometimes I have errands to run, and I think "I am just so exhausted, What it I pass out or something?" Well,the tiredness never goes away entirely, does it?. Heck, I figure I have been tired since 1985 anyway. Ha! I figure if I drop dead out somewhere, than so be it. I will die doing what I want to do!!! You are always in my prayers Mo,

Cheryl

Mo,

You dear sweet lady. I hope this works for you and you don't have to be tapped any more. Is this like tapping for Pabst Blue Ribbon. I know that is from Milwaukee, but it is also sold in Missouri... LOL I am from St. Louis too. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday...

Blessings,

Karen

Oh Mo,

I can't believe all that you have gone through. My husband is a pipefitter and he knows how to put spigots in. :roll: If only it was that simple!

Please know your in my prayers. I sure hope this goes easy for you.

Your one TROOPER my friend! You little Energy Bunny You! :lol:

God Bless and Good Luck.

Mo,

Just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow morning..you're an "old hand" at this by now and I am sure it will go smoothly......

I will be thinking of you tomorrow....

Friends,

Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. I am all done for today, another almost 2 liters drawn off and I have "full" use of my right lung again! Doc said since it has only been a couple of weeks since the last time he wants to do the talc procedure with the next one so I will have about a week in the hospital with a drain and then they will do the procedure. He said it may still cause a fluid build up but it will then go to my belly which is easier (and safer) to drain.

I have to tell you, living in a "Small Town" / Resort area like I do is amazing. We have a first class hospital here since the majority of our residents come from Kansas City and St. Louis and we have 1,000's of 2nd home owners (I would LOVE to have one of these "2nd" homes!!!) Anyway, there are about 30 people working in the Out Patient area every day when I go in for my Neupogen shot and I have gotten to know all of them pretty well, this morning as I was waiting for my procedure over 1/2 of them stopped in my room to wish me well or see what I was doing there or just to say Hi. It just makes it so much easier to feel like you are being treated as a friend rather than a number! God Bless them all!!!

MO

MO,

You are one great lady. You are always in my in my prayers. I have heard that the talc procedure works very well and almost always stops the fluid build up. Special prayers that it works for you. It sounds like you are getting great treatment and are in good hands...

God Bless and gentle hugs

Karen

Mo,

I am so glad the procedure went alright yesterday. If you have time please pm or e-mail me if the docs have given you any idea what causes the fluid build up. Woould also like to know what the talc procedure is,

So sorry to read today about your dog. You really didn't need that loss right now. You are in my prayers.

I thought you lived in St.Louis. Do you mind saying what town you live in? It sounds like a great place. God Bless. BLT

Mo

I grew up on the other side of the great state of Missouri--near Kansas City. I've lived many places but Missouri continues to be my home--great people--just like the ones who treat you so well. I wish for you the best and I am so amazed at your willpower and attitude.

Elaine

my dad had the talc procedure as well. The fluid has not come back since he had it done and that was in January. He did have a bad problem with effusion as well and the first draw was 4 liters and the second was almost 6. he was in allot of pain before the procedure and it took a while for the chest tube site to heal but otherwise it went well.

i hope it goes as well for you and all your fluid problems drain away (bahahahahah) sorry about that.

Hi Mo,

I too went to the pulm. yesterday, (Mon). I've been having ALOT of pain and I know it is from the fluid. I thought they were actually going to put in the "Denver Cathetar", but as usual, communication mix up and they have scheduled me for Wednesday, (tomorrow).

My x-rays showed the fluid completely covering my lung. On the x-ray, you can't see my right lung at all, just the white shadow of fluid. They were going to do a thorencentesis yesterday, to make me more comfortable, but I told them I could wait until Wednesday. Why get stuck twice?????

My drs don't really push the talc procedure. The success rate is not always that good, I know some on the board have had complete success though.

Anyway, we have chosen the cathetar route, where I drain the fluid everyday. I am very nervous about this procedure, as I have a history of not doing well during the thorencentesis. (passing out, throwing up, etc.) They say they will give me something for the nausea.

I'm glad you are feeling better. Let me know how everything goes for you. Feel free to pm me if you want!

P.S. - Do you have just fluid build up, or do you have a malignant effusion?

TAnn

TAnn,

Mine is fluid build up. We tested it and it came back clean for cancer cells. I looked at the catheter and / or shunt route and we decided to try the talc procedure first. If it doesn't work we will look at one of the others but I didn't like the idea of having to mess with it every day if I didn't have to. Best wishes with your procedure and I will be praying for you.

God Bless,

MO

Mo, glad you're feeling better after the tap.

Forgive me if I'm totally out of line here, but...if another puupy is out of the question for you, might I suggest a smaller, furry pet? Guinea pigs are wonderful lap pets and are easy to care for. They squeak when you come in and love to just sit on your lap. Little kids love 'em, too - much gentler than rabbits (we have 2 in my middle son's room, I had them as a kid). Some humane societies get them on occaision. Furry company is hard to do without.

((((MO)))))

I am sooooo sorry sweetie! If it's not one thing it's another isn't it! The Guinea Pig idea is a good one, they are the sweetest pets! I had 2 in my early twenties and they were great! I am thinking about you and praying for you every day!!!

Blessings

Betty