I'm ready to party today!

Angie Daughter of Bill

O.K........yesterday, I was the party pooper......today I am ready to party! We got the news........about a 55% shrinkage in the lung tumor!!! YEAAAAAAAAHHHH! Dad has had 2 rounds of Carbo/Taxol. (2 infusions of Carbo, 4 infusions of Taxol) Dad's doctor said that this is an amazing response!! Praise the Lord!! Then of course the Dr. had to add that although Dad had a great response this time, the next time we scan, we might see growth. He says we should be "cautiously optimistic". The chemo can stop working at any time. I know that....I am aware of that......but today, I am going to only think of that 55% shrinkage!!!! There is one other thing. Dad is getting some tenderness in his T12 vertebrae due to the bone mets. Dad's Dr. said that we will probably need to do some spot radiation in the near future. That's fine. I will be neurotic over that when it gets here. :) But today, 55% shrinkage........WOOOOOHOOOOO! How can this disease have me lower than dirt one day and sitting on cloud nine the next???????? It truly is a roller coaster ride. You guys really picked me up off of the ground yesterday and I love you all for it. There were some wonderful, heartfelt responses to my post. (and some BEAUTIFUL PM's, too) Thank you! Betplace, I hope you feet are working, girl..........this deserves a "happy dance"!

Angie

Ooooh - I really like that - "Happy Dance". I'm new here so I hadn't heard that one before. I assume it's "free form" and nobody gets to watch - so I'm going to Happy Dance for you, too, Angie. There's some other good news on here today, too, and I'm gonna Happy Dance all over the house. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peggy

P.S. No peeking!

Much thanks to all of you for the prayers that have been said for us! I gotta' give credit where credit is due..........the Lord is hearing and answering our prayers!!! Such incredible shrinkage in such a short amount of time. The doc says that Dad is incurable..........with God in charge, nothing is impossible!! Bless you all!

Angie

:D:D:D:D:D I have to say I know how you feel. My brother had his first cat scan after his first round of chemo and spot radiation to his back and his DR had told him previously that he would be happy if nothing changed as long as there was no growth. Every tumor he has had shrunk!! I was on top of the world and still am. I didnt know at the time that things can change so quickly and he could have growth on his next cat scan until I had read a lot on here, but at least I am prepared for that now. I, also give praise to God!! I am taking the good news and flying with it :D I am so happy for you and your Dad and your post just ozzed with love and hope. I beleive in miracles as long as we have a loving God. Celebrate and bask in that happy glow I can feel jumping right out of your post!!