Happy Day

gail

Three years ago today I was in the OR, and they were working to see if the nodule was breast mets, or lung cancer. It was lung cancer, which the tell me was "a good thing". Yes, I suppose so.

So I am going to a day spa for some whole-body treatment---and plan on telling the 20-something skin tech exactly why I am there. I will ignore my jiggly skin, and not ignore the triumph and the miracle of the day.

And tonight we are going into Phila for a casual but fun dinner.

When this nonsense started I knew something was wrong with my body, but the whole time I feared the breast mets. Had the xray, then ignored the follow up for 2 months. Decided to get my head out of the sand and go back for the follow up xray, and there it was. First xray was Dec 2000, and surgery was 2001.

On my first anniversary of my first ( :!: ) breast cancer, I was border line hysterical and sick to my stomach. That has been 11 years now, and I realize these dates are good things.

My love to all

gail

Gail,

The anniversaries are good and a good thing to celebrate. Sounds like you have a great day planned - hope you have a great time. Just relax and soak in the enjoyment. It is good to be "cancer victors"!

Look forward to "talking" with you soon.

Love and hugs,

Nancy

Gail-

Three years sounds WONDERFUL to me! Keep leading the way!

I hope your day at the spa and dinner out are as special as you are to us! Enjoy!

P.S. We decided to do something "active" to celebrate the exact 2-year anniversay of survivorship after my lobectomy, and that is when I broke my shoulder skiing. GOOD CHOICE of a spa-day and din-din! :shock:8):roll::wink:

Gail,

A whole day at a spa! I am turning green with jealousy. You definitely deserve it, though. That definitely sounds wonderful. I might just sign up for a back massage next week. Ohhhhhhhhhh, I can feel the relaxation now - might even get a pedicure. Glad hubby doesn't read these things because he'd be hiding the checkbook about now.

I am so happy for you! Hope you had an absolutely wonderful day at the spa and an even better dinner!

God bless you,

Peggy

Gail,

Nice going! I hope you had a fantastic day yesterday. This gives me a good idea--I have been sitting on a gift certificate from a day spa since Valentine's Day--maybe I should use it on a date of significance too--here are some choices that come to mind:

1) May 21--date I got bad news from CT and quit smoking

2) June 20--date of surgery--bad news was yes, it is cancer. good news was, no it was not in your lymph nodes and it is not mets from breast cancer.

Maybe May 21 would be best--to celebrate the quit smoking anniversary and also to celebrate the beginning of the process to rid myself of cancer. I'll have to think about that, but a facial sounds real good about now....

Again, congratulations to you--here's hoping for many many more.

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!! Yes, these dates are VERY IMPORTANT! The best part of these dates are, we're still here to celebrate them and share them with so many others. HOW GOOD IS THAT???? :)

I'm so Happy for you and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! HAPPY DAY, HAPPY DAY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY DAY!!!! Love to hear this wonderful news!

ENJOY MY FRIEND! You have lots to be proud of!

Gail,

I am so sorry that I missed this post!!! I have been on dial up for a few days and it didn't make for happy surfing.

Congratulations on your special day! I am so glad that you are here, and on this board. Your input and advice always means so much to me and gives me the hope that one day I will be where you are....

Warm thoughts to you....

About me and my spa day--I want everyone to know I was not this type of person to do such extravagant stuff. I distinctly remember wearing contacts that were two months past their prime, but not getting new ones because we couldn't afford them. Not true at all, and I was sacrificing my eyes.

Not a warrior at all Fay, but thanks. I tried very hard to withdrawal from the world with the first diagnosis, but a pesky 7 year old, now 18, wouldn't let his mama hide. And the whale watching was a high point on my life, and I hate boats.

And I also rafted on the St Lawrence River this summer. that river is quite huge, and I hate water. I cried on the edge of the water, then got into the boat, and went anyway.

I think my therapist is earning her money!!!!

gail

Gail,

Bask in the warrior woman persona. Many of us are every day heroes to people we meet because they have "no idea" how they would deal with a cancer diagnosis - and look at you, girl, a THREE TIME winner! (No, not "winner" in the cancer lottery, but winner in getting your crap straight and continuing to LIVE).

Accept your kudos, Gail. As many people will tell you, you always had a "choice" in the matter and you CHOSE to stick around (willingly or with the help of a 7 y/o, the choice was made).

ENJOY your day at the spa and your dinner - you DESERVE it!

CARPE DIEM!