for my husband

This is for all the wonderful spouses

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary. I was undergoing radiation on our 10th, and had finished chemo 6 months before our 15th. For our 20th we took 10 days in California.

Tonight I will be at our Relay and my husband will be home. That is fine for me, as he has certainly supported me and cancer.

As a side bar--he had messed up our wedding vows. The words were "And under all circumstances of our life together", and he said "Under all NORMAL circumstances of our life together "

May I share the note i left him? sorry for the sop

21 years ago today we pledged our love to each other in front of our families, friends, and God. While our circumstances have been far from "normal", my love for you has intensified. I would marry you again in a heartbeat.

Although tonight we will be apart, it is a tribute to you that I am able to be where I am tonight, and in my life.

I only hope our son grows up with the commitment and strength of his father.

To the next 21 years

gail

Gail,

Your words to your husband are absolutely wonderful . . . and obviously so heartfelt and true. Congratulations to you both on 21 spectacular years - and here's to at least another 21, some normal and some not! And just think, had he not bumbled the vows, you wouldn't have had so many laughs about it over the years.

Blessings,

TeeTaa