HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!

stand4hope

.......37 YEARS!!!.......

I am so happy today. This time last year, I didn't think I would ever see another one of these special days. Don* had been diagnosed just 1 month on this date last year. He sent me a dozen beautiful roses to work, just like he always does every single year, only this time when I picked them up at the receptionist's desk, I cried all the way back to my desk. He was already getting treatment by this time, and he was still pretty angry and shocked at the whole thing. The last thing I thought he would remember was our anniversary, and even if he did remember, I didn't expect the roses. I teared up during the day every time someone asked me "How many years?" Well, today, I'm sure I will get them again. I already got a beautiful card thanking me for putting up with him for 37 years, and I have started my day with "happy tears".

Love to all,

Peggy

*P.S. I know....Now you know his name. He's very private and I told him I wouldn't use his name on this website, but I'm so proud to call him my man, that just this one time, his name is Don.

To you and to Don. May there be many more, but enjoy this one because it is the best. Congratulations. There are some things that 37 years and countless fights and sickness and even kids can't touch if it is done right, and that is love, and you two have it. Drink deeply from this well, and enjoy this day. You've both earned it.

Curtis[/b]

Thanks, everybody! I did get my roses! 12 beauties with baby's breath and fern galore. They are BEAUTIFUL and smell good, too. I got only a little emotional - much better than last year.

Donna - CONGRATULATIONS to you, too! Curtis, you hit it on the head, we're not just lc survivors, we're fights-sickness-kid survivors, too. Don - the only name better than Don would be "Peggy". hehe. (you know the "better half"). Becky - a "life sentence" for sure. I tell everyone I was BORN married - that would make me 37 years old, right? Yes, Paddy, we can only use the name just for today. Connie-Oh, YEAH, believe me, they DID say it wouldn't last. When we got married (1967), he was working in a gas station and drove a maroon Belvedere that was souped up with some big, loud engine and the car shook when it idled. It was spit-shined and ready to drag race any other beastly vehicle that thought it could win. :roll: My parents thought he was pretty cool, though, loud car and all. My sisters are just head over heels in love with him. He is like their big brother and always has been. That's when I weighed 105 lbs. soaking wet, and he was 6'2" with a full head of dark hair. I bet you can figure out how to advance those two descriptions 37 years. :roll:

Thanks again, everybody. :P

I love you all,

Peggy

Ok, Paddy, my friend, just for you. It's old, but it's us. I always want to see pictures of other people so I can put a face with the name, and I've been selfish to not do the same thing. I just don't want him to get upset about it if he ever sees it. I guess I'll just take my chances. After 37 years, I think the worst that would happen is that he'd just be irritated and tell me to take it down, and of course, if he does, I will.

We both had a good day and very nice evening, although he said some things tonight about dealing with the cancer that were unusual for him. I'm hoping it's just a passing mood, but I was also glad to have him talk about it a little. He seems very tired.

Have a good night's rest everyone.

Love,

Peggy

Happy Anniversary Peggy and Don!! You have so much to celebrate and it is that much better when you realize how precious your years are! We have been married 35 years, and like Curtis said, there is so much glue of life holding us together. Love the picture.

xxoo

Peggy,

Congratulations! 37 years is a lifetime together and it takes a deep, deep love to do it. You are lucky to have found each other and have that much time together. I love the roses. It is nice to see your picture and know Don's name...but I promise I won't use it after today. Again,

happy anniversary.

Nina