Brain MRI Thursday

Nancy B

I have been having some eye focus and balance problems throughout my 20 PCI treatments even though I was on Decadron, sooooooo they have decided to do an MRI this Thursday, just to be sure. I am so hoping that it is just some residual brain swelling, but I want to know for sure one way or the other. I will get the results the next day - which happens to be my birthday so it just can't be anything but really good news.

They will be doing the "closed" MRI this time - haven't had one of those before but expect I will do fine - I am pretty good at imaging.

Please send some prayers my way and I will let you guys know just as soon as I do (after some birthday cake, of course - you know,

chocolate and Merlot really do go together). :wink:

Thanks for being here

Love and hugs,

Nancy B

Nancy,

As always, I wish you good luck on your upcoming tests and hopefully this is just healing from your PCI.

Is your birthday the 16th? That's my husband's birthday too.....what's the problem with Merlot and chocolate cake???? Ha!

Good luck, keep us posted.

Cindy

Wishing you a VERY happy birthday...

I had a closed MRI. The secret? Have your PCP prescribe 10 mg of Valium, take it an hour before the scan...someone may be hurtin' or freakin' out somewhere, but it won't be you... :shock:

Worked for me - I'm slightly claustrophobic (found out during a CT scan, figured an MRI would be a special kind of hell...LOL)

I'll share that cake with you...and a big glass o' milk. THEN I'll toast ya, but MILK goes best with chocolate cake on this side of the Mississippi....

xxoo,

Becky

Hi Nancy,

I will definitely be praying for clean scans for your birthday present. That would be a wonderful birthday present.

I am a LOT claustrophic. I had to have a closed MRI for my back a couple of years ago, and I told the doctor I couldn't do it and wouldn't do it. He said he wouldn't accept an "open" MRI and handed me a prescription for two Ativans. Worked for me!! :lol: Of course, hubby kept rolling his eyes and shaking his head, and pretending like he didn't know me. I get very silly and giggly with those things and also after anesthesia. I'll just lay there on the bed laughing my butt off for no reason. :roll: I just think it's one big happy party, I guess! LOL!

Prayers for an empty-headed Nancy!

Love,

Peggy

Hi Nancy,

Praying for clean scan.

and praying for a slice of that chocolate cake, too. Me and Beck. we likes our milk and cake. No such thing as too sweet, too rich, or too chocolatey, right Becky?

But, I could take a nice bottle of Merlot all by itself with a friend, of course. Happy happy birthday& Happy birthday results.

Cindi o'h

Thank you all for all your good thoughts and prayers - don't know what I would do without you all. You guys are really the only support I have - that really understand what is going on. My husband tries, but he doesn't have a clue about test time, result time. (or any other time).

I am so grateful to you and love all of you!!!!

Hugs and prayers for us all.

Nancy B

Hoping you have an easy time of it today! I found a washcloth over my eyes to be enormously helpful. Couldn't see how close the machine was to my face even IF I opened my eyes!!

And then I'm hoping even MORE so...for good news tomorrow and a birthday just chock full of smiles, happiness, GOOD surprises and a coupla neat presents too! :wink:

Be sure to come let us know. I just hope the eye and balance issues are simply a result of PCI and will soon fade. Sending all good thoughts your way, Nance.....