1. 1. Do you like the new site format?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

I don't adjust well either so last night when I first saw it, I hated it. Knowing myself, i didn't vote, and when I signed on this morning I really do like it.

I too have margins on both sides and am unsure if I am supposed to? I guess I have about 1 1/2" or 2" of white space on each side. You can put me with the aging, bad eyesight people :roll: because it is a bit of a strain to read. The website is smaller print because of this. I thought that was how it was supposed to be but now, after reading the other posts, I'm not sure?

Oh, and by the way, thanks Rick. I know everything you do here is a labor of love and it shows....

Bo,

I ussually write a response, copy and paste it. Will the right click be functional?

Instead of right clicking, you can highlight what you want to copy. Then go up to "Edit" in your browser tool bar on top and click "Copy". This will do the same as right clicking in case this feature remains inaccessible.

Thanks Debi,

I meant I

ussually
usually right click the info in, not out, as you can see I need the benefits of a spell checker that I think I know how to use, . But it does work dropping in like you suggested.

Thanks.

Now I don’t need anything, its great Rick

Bow

Not meaning to digress a thread but, Mr. Ry I am sitting in front of my computer with a sweatshirt and beanie on, nice picture.

There is white space on both sides of the web page. This is to basically place the site into the middle of the page. This makes the site fit better with all browsers.

The right click functionality has been blocked to help prevent other sites from coming in here and easily copying your posts and using the information. It also prevents the source code of the site from being viewed.

The copy function that was explained above will still work and is still available.

I just wanted to touch on the mentioned items.

Thank you for the comments... Keep them coming...

Rick

I think it looks great, however, I have a hard time adjusting to change as well but yes the other colors were alot warmer for me. Rick, I appreciate your TIME, EFFORT, ENERGY, KINDNESS, and I would really like to thank you for everything. I am fairly new to the site but I have read nothing but wonderful things about you.

Thanks,

Calintay

I have to say that I liked the old one better. The new format is OK but like others have said, the colors were warmer and more inviting with the old format. The bright colors are more IN YOUR FACE and hurts my tired pea eyes. I know it's the old red white and blue but man, it is bright. Maybe just toning down the colors a bit.

David C

I like the trim colors, red white and blue. I think however it has a lot of wasted space, 1 and 1/2 inches of white on each side and also the blue 1 and 5/8ths inches . This makes for a lot of scrolling especially for those who have long signatures. Donna G

Rick -

I like it, but have to agree the white is a little harsh - can't you just change the background to light gray or silver?

In addition you can change:

to:

and it will expand to fit whatever screen size people pull it up in. (This may cause problems with your top graphic, but it can be dealt with.)

And some of the members pictures are just plain TOO BIG/WIDE, and cramped the previous format, and absolutely take over this one....

Just some thoughts - great work!

SandyS

Also noticed something else.

I always click on the "view posts since last visit" instead of having to pick thru all the categories.

All the "subjects" used to be bold, and then after I read one and went back, they wouldn't be bold. They don't do that anymore and I had a hard time keeping track of where I was and which ones I had read already.....can you make the "link" and the "vlink" different colors?

Thanks,

SandyS

ok hers something I have been watching since Friday. I kept getting pop ups and those warnings telling me I have virus/spyware etc... I have had that b4 and took pc to be fixed, anyway the program has expired and i had not renewed it, so I guess i have this again. NOW, the problem is, I only get this warnings and pop ups when I am in this site. Nowhere else. I also spend alot of time a 2 other forums, not cancer related, but same format and all. Then all the just plain surfin I do everyday for hours. It only happens here. I was going to go ahead a buy the software and run it to get rid of it, but thought i would see if anyone knows what could make this happen.

also it does not occur when my daughter or my SO is online. Only me, only here.

Any ideas?

Kim

We have no popups that run on the site when entering. There is no spyware, no macromedia nothing other than straight HTML. There is Javascript in every page but is not automatically ran and only ran when you right click, or click on chat, travel or wall of memory it is javascript opening the page.

The message board has not changed other than the look. All the program is the exact same as it was before 100%. Only the header html has changed and thats it.

If you are getting advertisement popups coming up, I would reccommend getting Ad-Aware spyware eliminator from lava-soft in order to eliminate the problems(its free).

The white space doesn't bother me, but if you find the white space on the left and right distracting, you can shape your screen to nearly eliminate it by doing this:

In the top right corner, you have the underscore (used to completely minimize), square box (used to partially minimize) and an X (for closing the window). Click the square box so that you have the partially minimized screen, or at least enough that you can use your mouse to grab the right or left edge of the window.

Position your mouse on the right edge until you get the arrow. Keeping the two-sided arrow in place, hold down your left mouse button and drag the edge inward until the white space is barely visible. This is called re-sizing the window.

If you do this on the page where you are now reading this post, you will still have about 1/2" or less white space on the main page, and a few others, but it won't be visible when you are reading posts.

Also, this does not change the type size or anything else.

Hope this helps.

Peggy

I'm with Sandy on the avatar sizes. Is there anyway to put everyone's avatars as thumbprints that are enlarged by a mouse click? I just bought a new computer and a larger screen. Prior to the new format, I had at least 6 - 8 inches of dialogue visible, but the new format gives me a line dialogue of a mere four inches - on a new, larger screen.

I like the links that you have. I don't know if they were in the old format or not. If they were, I didn't use them. I am talking about the links to Mayo and Mary Crowley and MD etc.

The dark blue (or white) does bother my eyes and tires them easily.

I like the way that you the navigation set up and swift information available. On my screen, the message board is highlighted in silver and does not show up well, whereas the "wall of memory, chat, and support" are highlighted in white and are standing out.

I think that there are some nice changes and I am better getting used to them. Thanks, Rick.

Cindi o'h

I am getting used to it. It took me awhile--but now I think the type looks bigger than it did yesterday, which was my major concern. Old eyes. The type is still small on the forum front page, but the type is larger on the messages, which is where the type needs to be larger.

It's weird though that others are seeing things I don't see. For example, the avatars are no larger than before on my screen and I see at least 15 lines of type on the messages. And my screen is only a 15 inch flat panel.

I have no idea what CindiO is talking about because I dont see anything highlighted in silver.

The white is a little bright, but I dimmed my screen and that helped.

Overall it's a professional job and looks it! Thanks Rick and Katie.

elaine