FLU...just me..or anybody else?

cindi o'h

Hey Gang.... It has been several years since I had a diagnosis of Flu. influenza. I sure nuf did get it. Kind a reminds me of 1

\ chemo and raidaition. Yuck

I also have a bunch of illnesses that are to raise resd flags as far as the illness getting away on you. I have been in bed in since Saturday, waiting for the flu fairy to announce a reprieve

\I am using my inhalers regularly and trying to just be "out" using various leftover concotions from the medicine cabinet. Oh by my head hurts and my bed is no fun. but it is warm ... lots of water that is all i know and how long will this nasty shi_ last?

Cindi

Hi Cindi,

Sorry to see that you are feeling poorly. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon. Just try to keep the fluids flowing. You must have been one of the unluckly ones that didn't get a flu shot. I got mine through a drive-thru clinic, took 5 hours, but it was worth it.

Best wishes,

Dee

Cindi,

I am sorry! The flu was at our house and must have gone to visit you. I hate to tell you but if its the nasty one with the fever it just hangs on. Tyler had it for 7 days and still isn't right but had to go back to school once the fever stopped or he'd never get caught up. Our doctor gave him an anti-viral that didn't touch it. Seems to go a good week.

Hang in there.

Oh yukky..It has been 13 yrs since I have had the FLU, and never had a flu shot either. But I will never forget the last time, it was bad bad and it last every bit of 7 days. Did you forget you were in the "high" risk group and not get a flu shot? Im so sorry you are feeling this way and if I were closer i would make you chicken soup. Just do like you said, knock yourself out and crawl in bed. I do remember taking pain pills for all the aches and pains and those also konck me out.

Get well soon,we miss ya

Kim

Cindi,

I got my flu shot this year, so when THE flu made rounds a month or so back, my son and husband got it, but I didn't.

Last week, after wearing myself thin with the wedding, I caught A flu. Remember, the shot is for a particular strain/s that are forecast the year before....one change in the make-up and everybody is once again free game for this nasty little cootie!

I spent day one in bed with a horrible sore throat and lethargy. The sore throat has cleared up (we are now on to eight days) but I'm STILL so very tired. Almost like mono... I'd have panicked with thoughts of "could be" had I not been generous and share with my dear husband and sweet son...LOL Husband came down with it Friday, boy was hit yesterday. Nasty bug....

No fevers here, just feeling crappy...and tired....and sleepy....and wiped out...and lacking energy....and tired - I think I mentioned that...

Hope you're "Up and let 'em at me" soon!

Becky

oh my friends... I got two flu shots this year!!! Everywhere I went, everyone wanted to give me one and so I let them. The first one did not feel like a flu shot at all. To me, it felt a lot like saline.

But holy cripes! This bugger is hurting me so bad and I am not a wimpy kinda girl. It feels like someone is taking a sledge hammer to various joints muscles and tendons throughout my body. My lungs feels like open wounds.

I am trying to use my abuterol when I notice that I am hyperventilating. But then I can only get a little of the medicine in because the airways are so constricted. I will have a second puff and that goes in just a little better. Then I hit the advair discus too...and only a little of that one goes in. I have had fevers and chills aches and pains and my hair hurts. No appetite at all. I want a good mommy. I want to be left alone and I want some quiet company both at the same time. My attitude is for crap... I was watching the morning show and matt lauer and katie couric are has beens. Amazing how quickly the body can screw with the mind.

I am going for the stuff that knocks me out. I mean why stay awake just to experience misery. No thank you. My coughing will wake me up when it is time for a new little dose of medicine.

This is nasty. I hope that noone esle gets this...7 days, RY? I am on day 4 now. Day one and two were the worst, so far. Waaaa! Damn those flu shots...see it doesn't pay to be greedy.

This horrible cold is going around my work. Five people left today. High

fever and chills. My daughter has it and it's nasty. Dr. tells me a true

flu last mimimum of one month. Most the time people are sick it's just

a bad cold. Hope everyone feels better. Take care! I'm praying I don't

get this strand because I think it will knock me out.

Actually there is a bad stomach virsue going around also. This is different

then the god awlful cold. The stomach thing is nasuea and bad pains.

With all this freezing cold weather don't you think it would kill some of this crap?

Cindi,

Oh man I feel for you. Seems like everyone in Minnesota has some kind of flu or cold - makes me just want to hide to I don't get it.

I agree with others, drink lots of fluids, be good to yourself, and dream about sitting on a beach somewhere relaxing.

Good vibes and healthy wishes coming your way!

Wendy

Darn it all, Cindi, it DOES sound like the real flu - and how could you have gotten it with two flu shots? I know there are new strains all the time and all that, but geez?!?!

I'm sorry, I wish I could do something to help.

You know, I was just telling someone the other day, here in Virginia I haven't heard of one person with the flu or flu-like symptoms. We've had some weird viruses floating around but nothing that bad.

Hang in there! And Get Well Soon!

Karen

Karen,

I guess it's time to move to Virginia! We've had schools closed here because over 25% of the student body was home sick with the flu....

Cindi's second shot must have canceled out the first one....hmmmm...

Guess the cooties are tougher north of the Mason-Dixon!

Becky

Cindi, so sorry to hear that the nasty old flu bug made a stop at your house. I am so hoping I don't get the flu this year. Here in florida, it has been almost impossible to get a flu vaccine, high risk or not. I knew I couldn't get one at the beginning, as I'm not in the high risk group but held out hopes that I would be able to get one later on. Finally, two weeks ago, the high risk status was lifted and anyone over 50 could get a vaccine. Hey guys....even though I qualify it's only by one year...lol! I rushed to the health department and the wait was unbeliveable. I would have waited all day and they said even if I waited they might run out of vaccine. So....I have just been thing positive thoughts and praying a lot that the nasty flu bug will pass me by. I have been carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer with me everywhere I go. You get a lot of strange looks but hopefully it will work!!! I'm one of these people that really gets their butt kicked when the flu comes a'calling.

I went downstairs today. Got a salad in a bag and a bottle of dressing and came back to bed. I won't go into potty details here, but let's just say I have had better times in there.

Pretty soon all of this will be not even a memory...until it happens again which I hope will be never.

I went to a concert on Friday night.. I think that is where I picked it up...it was tight quarters and the music was good, but not worth this. It was Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar...anyone else love it??

Cindi o'h

Cindi,

Sorry, I missed this before. Sure hope you are feeling better. Ummmm , how about a hot toddy? Bet we can find the ingredients at the pub.

In my house, my two sons and I have had the cold, achey, feverish thing . I'm on day 9 now with the coughing fits etc. So far, hubby has escaped it. I really worry about him. We had a shortage of flu shots here in Virginia and they literally just gave him his shot about 2 weeks ago.

Take care of yourself. We need your smile on the board and someone to run the pub. :lol:

sue

Cindi,

I was off from school (for the winter break) for 5 weeks. As soon as I was done with school I hopped on the plane to mom & pops. I was sick the entire time (3 weeks). Usually I "suck it up" and just ride it out. When I got back home I started REALLY feeling bad so much so that I had to go to the ER; diagnosis...the flu. The doctor chewed me out for not going to the doctors a lot sooner. He said, "don't they have doc's in ND?" He made me stay in bed for a whole week. I finally felt better the day before school started back up. What a bummer vacation!! Anways, enough of my misery I know you have your own!! Just letting you know that I am sending some good vibes/chants/prayers your way. Hope you are back on your feet soon. And I really hope you are laying around and doing nothing except working the remote control. The horrible afternoon programming is enough to make you feel bad!!