Home from Hospital // Frank update 03/15

Frank Lamb

Hi Everyone, I finally got home from the hospital.Whew,what a pain in the duppa.

Thank You Everyone for your concern and support.That means so much to me.

Were I'm at right now is I'm all ready to start treatments again.Had laser surgery to open up blockage of the airway,turned out to be worse than they expected & weren't able to get all the cancer out of there.I've had preliminary mapping for radiation,will go back in a couple days for rest of mapping and tatoos & will most likely begin radiation and chemo at the end of this week or beginning of next week.

Treatment will be 7 rounds of chemo and 35 radiation treatments same as befor as long as I'm able to withstand it.They don't usually like to radiate in the same area as it makes all the side effects worse.Rad onc said he would be very carefull & watch very closely trying not to reradiate anything.

Thanks again to everyone for all the support.Between all of you here on the board and all my family at home it makes dealing with this crappy disease a lot easier to do.

FRANK,

So GOOD to see you back! From the length of your message and knowing your typing speed, I figure you started typing as soon as you got home....hmmm...last night! :wink:

I'm glad there's a plan in place and that you're in with the lewd, screwed and tattooed lot of us!

Love,

Becky

Dear Frank & Connie,

Thanks for the up-date. We "mother hens" just can't rest until we know where all our little chicks are, ya know? So sorry for the difficulties you encountered on your adventure. You know we're all pulling & Praying for you.

Hugs & prayers,

Melanie

Frank....it's so good to hear from you! Glad you're home and that there is a good plan in place for ridding you of these latest invaders. I particularly like that your rad. onc is already thinking in terms of REAL caution so as not to radiate anywhere he doesn't have to or where you were radiated before. Sounds like a good, careful man!!

I'm sorry you've joined the ranks of those of us back on the front lines with this blinkin' disease....but together, supporting each other, kvetching when we need to...AND having continued access to Cindi's Pub.....we'll make it, right? And beat it again.

Here's a tip for you Frank....if your appetite goes south, ask your onc for some Marinol. 8) My onc tells me it's like marijuana. In fact he said I'd be better off if I could crush it and smoke it....it works faster that way! :shock: But my appetite has been awful....so I'll try this stuff....and when you get to Cindi's....I'll be the one in tie-dye, strumming a guitar, sipping a beer, scarfing up the free bar hors d' oeuvres and flashing everyone the peace sign. :lol: That'll be Becky next to me, rifling my pockets looking for my prescription! :wink:

Hi Frank

So glad that they finally set you free. You were one missed guy around here.

Lots and lots of people pulling for you, including me.

Best of luck with the treatments to battle this back.

Your sister was kind to update us. Ry was a hound about you.

love, Cindi o'h

LOL - that'd be me...but I promise to bring a crate of Doritos to the party! I'll get assorted flavors for all you non-smoking dopers to scarf down a 'balanced' diet! Little bit of nacho cheese (dairy), taco (tacos have meat), guacamole (fruit/veggie group)....

I already have the tie-dye, wore it to the Michigan Bash. LOVE the colors....but I'll have to get a scarf and shades to bask in the glow of Addie's party demeanor.... 8)

Glad you're back, and good to see Addie and Cindi on this thread, too. Looks like I'm going to be cleaning up after this party, too! Can we tie in St. Paddy's day and have the green beer??

Frank,

If anyone is glad you back I am. The mother hens were really getting worried. Ry and Debi were so shook up they started attacking me in the just for laughs forum. Snowflake got her attack in early.

Wishing you all the strength you need to get trough these next series of treatments.

When you get your tattoos ask for a hula girl in a grass skirt, that dances when you take deep breaths.

:P

It is good to see you my friend. :D

John

We are new. We feel your impact through this board. We are so glad you are home, Frank, and selfishly, we anticipate drawing strength from you...............hopefully your strength will continue to be replenished through all the prayers lifted up for you and your family.

Thank you for being here.

Pat and Brian

Frank,

You are one of a kind. We really need your warmth and humor around here so the absences have to be limited. I am sure Ry is going to make a note of that.

I am so glad you are home and engaged for battle. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

Welcome home! Boy were you missed. The joke forum has gone to hell with John in charge. :lol: Sounds like we're having one hell of a party in your honor...I gotta find something tie-dyed to wear.

I hope the radiation goes well, sounds like a good plan...kill those pesky cancer cells!

What is tye died.Don't know that one.I may need to buy some of that too.

I was going to go on the jokes forum and post some good woman bashing jokes for everyone,but after all the support I've had from everone I don't think I could do that.

Ry,thanks very much for calling the house & checking on me.