Mom has Died

Kel M

I am terribly saddened to announce that my beloved Mom died earlier today after her long and courageous battle with SCLC. You can be sure she is teeing off for a great game of golf as I write this.

As I've chronicled, she fought this disease with everything she had until her last breath. She displayed tremendous spirit and dignity throughout her fight and she can best be remembered as having LIVED, and lived WELL, with cancer.

My thanks to everyone on this message board who has supported me in the last year and a half. I hope to be a source of support for you going forward.

I will post her obituary once it has been finalized.

Kelsey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Kel, I am so very sorry to hear this news. I'm saying a little prayer for you right now, asking God to give you strength! (((((((((Hugs)))))))))).

Dear Kel,

What a sad post to read. Your story with your mom closely chronicled the story of my mother and me - only about 20 years apart.

How lucky a mother to have such a daughter. And how special that mother to have produced a caring and giving daughter.

Nothing can replace that closeness shared by the two of you. Let the memories help sustain you during this difficult time.

For sure my thoughts and prayers are for you and your family. May you be granted the stength needed to emerge beyond the grief.

Kasey

Aw, jeez. :( Kel....I'm so sorry.

Your mom fought with grace, dignity and her ongoing love of golf....to which I can only holler...FORE to her, to send her on her journey. I think she'd smile at that, eh?

Sending strength to you and the rest of the family...but never lose sight of how wonderful a daughter you've been to your mom. Your caring and love and being here for information were all indications of how much your mom meant to you. And I'm sure it warmed her heart every day to know how you felt about her.

Godspeed to your mom. The next time I can get out on the course...I will dedicate my round to your mom...and think of her and you, as I'm out there.

I'm so sorry honey. But you can be mighty proud of the battle your mama fought.