Mike got home Monday

nancy c

Mike got home Monday evening about 730 per ambulance. Hospice has been here and he is on a morphine pump -which they increased the dose today. He is trying to walk--and it takes his cane and sometimes two people. Tomorrow I return to work and I have someone to come in and stay with him everyday--until or if he gets stronger. My daughter is off work this week so she is helping alot. Mike told me he knows hospice is here because he is dying --and I did tell him they are here for his comfort. Dr. said the end is coming but it could be slow?? whatever the hell that means?? This is no way for anyone to live, and it is not fair. He is on oxygen as needed and he usually uses it on and off during the day with activity. Both of his arms,hands have large amount of lymphedema and the hospice nurse is checking into treating that with some type of wraps??

Both his feet and ankles are so swollen he has trouble balancing himself. He can't use his fingers because they are so swollen. This is so pitifull and if it gets worse---it will be pure hell on him. I'm still watching the site and praying for all of you--just might not get to write as much now. Take care and god bless,Nancy C :cry::cry::cry:

Nancy,

Praying for the strength and courage needed to help you through this very rocky road right now. Am also praying that Mike will be comfortable and perhaps show some signs of improvement. This disease is merciless and dastardly and we all HATE it. If the will of all of us could destroy it .....well, what a wonderful world it would be.

My heartfelt prayers go out to you, Nancy. Please come here often to cry, scream, vent, or whatever it is you need to do. We ALL are here to offer cyber hugs to try to make you feel better.

You are strong and courageous!!!! You are also a very loving wife. Mike is a lucky man!

Kasey

Nancy

I'm so very sorry to read about the tough time Mike (and you and your family) are having right now. I wish I had the words to make it better. I send my prayers out that Mike improves and you have the strength to deal with this very difficult situation.

Gail p-m

Nancy,

It makes me sad that things are going the way they are right now. I will keep praying for you and Mike. I know you need strength and courage for the next few months. I hope something can be done for the swelling soon. Mike must be terribly uncomfortable right now.

Nina

Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry I'm so late in responding. How has Mike done this week? Have they tried Lasix for the swelling? Both my mom and dad had to have large amounts of Lasix when they were so sick because of water retention and tremendous swelling. It worked really well.

We've PM'd, but I wanted you to know that I am sending you extra hugs tonight.

Love,

Peggy

Dear Nancy,

I'm so sorry that Mike has to go through all this -- it's so unfair...but that's the way this awful disease works, I'm afraid. I'm hoping that Mike is more comfortable now that he's home and that hospice is helping him -- and you -- and making it all much easier for you all. Will be thinking of you and hoping that someone will come up with a way to make him more comfortable.

Love,

Ellen