mike died

nancy c

Mike died at 915am today at home, in his recliner. His son was at his side holding his hand. He took two deep breathes and had 2 harsh coughs and died gently and quietly. Was able to talk up into the last 10 minutes before his death. I unfortunately was at work and his son called me home and I didn't arrive until 930. I didn't know it would happen today. But he knew how much I loved him. God Bless,Nancy C :cry:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Nancy,

I have no words to say to you that will ease your pain. I know you expected this, but now that it is a reality, it just hurts so bad. We mentally prepare ourselves for the inevitable but when it finally happens it does not lessen the pain.

He was a real warrior, he fought such a hard fight. He never, never lost the fight, just the battle.

I am so glad his son was with him. Mike knows how much you love him. He is out of his misery and you know he is now in a much better place. He is pain free and is probably dancing up there with the angels.

I know we here will never forget how he was almost gone in the hospital. You were so worried he would not make the wedding, but a miracle happened he came home and walk down the aisle and give Nicole away on her must special day. And that picture of them dancing together. What a beautiful memory!!! Absolutely PRICELESS!!!

Mike was so brave...

Prayers being sent to you, his wonderful, caring wife, who was by his side through all of this. Mike was blessed to have you as you were to have him.

I know you have so much to contend with right now, but know that we are always here for you.

Peace be with you Nancy,

Maryanne

Dear Nancy, please accept my condolences. I am sitting here staring at the screen trying to come up with the words to tell you how sorry I am.

How brave and determined your Mike was to not only walk Nicole down the aisle but to dance with her also.

Of course he knew how much you loved him.

Be kind to yourself during this time, let others help you.

I'm so sorry... :cry::cry: But like the others said you have some wonderful memories of Mike, especially the strength and love he felt at Nicole's wedding.

I pray that you will find: strength, peace and comfort over these next few days, weeks and months.

Dearest Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear of Mikes passing... it sounds as if he went peacefully and we must thank God for that.

It is amazing how the human spirit can will itself to do what is important... Mike wanted to be at Nicoles wedding and the fact that he had the strength to dance with her and walk her down the aisle was a true testament to the will of human spirit and the love he had for his daughter. I wish you peace in the upcoming days. Love, Sharon