Just Call Me Grace....

Fay A.

Three days ago I tripped over my oxygen tubing and fell...hard. Didn't break anything except a toe this time around, but falling so soon after thoracic surgery means everything was pulled or twisted and just plain aches now. Pain levels are about what they were 5 days post surgery. I can deal with it, just wish I were not such a klutz. At least this time I actually tripped over something. Most of the time I don't need any help to fall on my face. :oops:

I can't believe Autumn is already here.....It is my favorite of all the seasons.

Oh FAy!

Don't like to hear you're falling on your face...hard too :cry: . Yikes :o ! Be careful, will ya?

Autumn is my very favorite season as well. Thank you God for allowing us to be here to celebrate such beautiful days!

Now...no more reports of falling! Got that Miss Fay?

Love,

Kasey

I was called "a bull in a china shop", my entire childhood. From one Klutz to another, be CAREFUL!! I'm so sorry you broke your toe and are now in pain. Enjoy the beautiful season. I don't get to enjoy Autumn any longer here in FLA, but when I find out all is clear with my scans, I might be taking a trip to NYC to visit friends and enjoy the foliage. Much love.

Dear Fay,

Glad to hear you are ok but wished you wouldn't have fallen that is so hard on a person especially after surgery. Mom has some problems some times too (with falling) but has a helios liquid oxygen tank that she wears around this is easy because it just straps on her like a belt with a 4 foot cord. Just an idea as we don't want any more falls. This generally last 7 to 8 hours for her.

Hope you are feeling better and take it easy.

Sincerely,

Botley & Mother

Holy smokes! Your poor toe! I know it cold have been much worse, but that still hurts so much. Hope your aches and pains work themselves out soon.

What is this Fall thing you speak of? It is still in the 90s here. Makes watching those soccer games all but unbearable (but don't tell the boy that).

:) Kelly

Jeesh Fay!!! Watch yourself, will ya for crying out loud???

Sorry you were set back a bit in the pain category but am sure glad that all you broke was a toe.

I think of you every day. Now of course I have the visual of you sprawled out on the floor.... :shock:

My Indian name is "Accident Looking for Place to Happen". :roll:

Actually, hubby bestowed it on me years ago. He reminds me regularly that, "Half of coordination is watching where you're going!" :D I tell him that the whole world hates a smarta$$~!! :roll:

I'm sorry about the achy parts and the broken toe, Fay...and suggest you try to look down once in a while when you cross a room...okay? :wink:

Many years ago I had a tooth pulled. Later that day I was taking laundry down to the basement and not being able to see beyond the basket, I tripped over a toy one of my kids left RIGHT at the very bottom of the stairs. I went down hard and dislodged the clot from my missing tooth. :shock:

I learned then to look down once in a while, even if I have to move a laundry basket to the side...but that does NOT mean I don't bang and bash the liver out of my hands walking thru a door frame OR that I don't regularly whack my funny bone on some part of the open refrigerator door. :roll:

I think you and I really just need personal assistants, Fay....to do our bidding and fetch us the stuff we need so we don't have to walk to get it. Doesn't that sound like a great idea? 8)

Yikes Fay! You must be sore all over, not to mention the toe! Hope your aches and pain level gets better very soon. Not a good thing after such difficult surgery.

We will all gather together to give you an "invisible" cushion from now on with our magic powers!!!!!

TAnn

Fay,

Mark down one more klutz in the group. Tonight was my neice's wedding. I went with bruises on my arms, legs and hip. Thank goodness no one could see the one on my hip. :oops:

It is funny to some extent to be a klutz, but after surgery is NOT one of those times. I sure hope you get your pain level down a few notches soon. Take care of yourself. Keeping you in my prayers.

Nina

Fay, broken toes hurt! Not what you needed right now.

I know you are familiar with the bars they install on the sides of the beds? Well, I think we could find someone to install bars on both sides of you.

Give it some thought.

Kelly is right. Fall hasn't even thought about making a stop in Oklahoma yet. But, when it does, it will be lovely. Jim and I loved to sit out on the back porch in the cool mornings and cool evenings, he with his cup of coffee, and me with my diet coke, watching the monster dogs romp and scuffle. Hope you get some lovely porch sitting time soon.

Take better care of yourself,

Lynne

Fay,

You DO realize that by tripping over that hose you were tripping over "mere air", right? :wink:

I'm a clutz, too. Recently, I walked into a mirror on a huge pick-up in the parking lot and had a bruise that mimicked the bottom corner of the sideview I hit - it also turned EVERY ugly color bruises can be, beginning with brilliant blue and a huge lump!

I fell off a porch at a house I lived at - tripped over nothing but went headfirst down the cement stairs - all five of 'em, and landed very, very painfully. Some people are graceful and the rest of us have a purpose, proving the laws of gravity over and over and over again.... 8)

Heal, lady, heal. I'm sorry you are back to hurting again and wish you back on your feet again...well, maybe not, since walking is just a fall waiting to happen... Take care, I worry about you!

xxoo,

Becky

Flakey, For a minute there I thought you were saying

"...Heel, Lady, Heel..." as in stay put-don't move!LOL

Thanks for the jokes, Folks. They help. And I think we need to design a Grace-Cage...something that Graceful Folks can step into that will protect them from those graceful moments we have. The other thing I didn't mention was that had my son not been at home when I fell I would have had to sit there until someone did arrive. I was on the floor and I wan't getting up on my own steam. I couldn't believe how weak my legs and arms were/are. No muscle strength at all.

Once I have recovered from this surgery a bit more I'm going to ask for physical therapy for the whole body. I have no abdominal muscles on the right side , and have relied on the left side abdominals to pull me into a sitting position for all these years. Can't do that anymore. I need to work with a therapist to help me bring my muscle tone back. I've spent the better part of a month in the hospital between August 17th and September 20th. It is amazing how quickly muscle mass is lost when you aren't up and moving around, and this time I need help to get me back in shape. I walked a half mile, but given my condition that was pretty amazing to me that I did it. Just have to work harder.