feel like im losing

RAY A

Sorry to hear that your battle has become more difficult. Brain mets sound very scary but many have overcome them. Your youth also is on your side (your 43 yrs old I believe). Please keep us posted re what the radiologist tells you tomorrow. Donna

Ray,

I am so sorry about the MRI results. Cancer Donna is right though, you are young!!! And by the looks of your picture, quite a fit guy! That will help you "beat this disease." Your fighting spirit and positive attitude have been a source of inspiration to us all. Please don't give up hope!

Hey you have to listen to me because I am 1 day older than you, and both being Virgos means....I don't have a clue what that means, do you? Ha! Anways, just think about Lance Armstrong! He had lung and brain mets, and is now a 5 time world champ!

Keep fighting Ray!

Cheryl

Dear Ray,

Well........ the first words that came to my brainless head after reading your message was "DAMN IT"! This crap has GOT TO STOP!! WE NEED A CURE FOR ALL OF US!!! DAMN IT!!! You can beat this, Donna's 120% right when she says OTHERS HAVE!! So, there's no reason YOU CAN'T!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((RAY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Oh Ray, Oh Ray, Oh Ray,

I am so sorry to read your post. You must feel like the absolute pits.

But you have got to pick yourself up and fight like hell. There are so many options for brain mets: surgery, radiation, gamma knife etc etc.

Hang tight, you have a lot of friends here routing for you.

Ginny D

Ray,

I want you to WIN THIS!

From the best I can tell you have caught them early Brain Mets, and that has to be in your favor. Let the docs do their job and your job is to fight them on the inside having a PMA Positive Mental Attitude. I know something I have done that has been successful in teaching my kids water sports is a visualization sp? Technique. I tell them to see the end result in their mind before they start. I have heard it said that sports coaches do this all the time. We are all behind you routing for you to WIN.

Prayers and Hugs, Shelly

Dear Ray,

Katie and the rest are right... This is a set back. This is not going to be easy. It is not going to be fun. But it CAN be dealt with. There are others who have survived this complication who are still here and doing well. You can be one of them. And your youth works in your favor.

I know what a blow it is when the bad stuff keeps coming at us.

And it's okay to feel down, just not for too long. Take this day to absorb this particular blow. Then tomorrow square your shoulders, take as deep a breath as you are able, and step into the role of actively fighting the d#%m beast again. I am with you in spirit now, and I'll be with you in spirit tomorrow when you wake up ready to live and laugh and love and kick some cancer cells into oblivion!

You hang in there.

Ray

I'm so sorry to hear your news but as others have said, many have beat the brain mets. Keep your fighting spirit up -- you are due for a break!!!! I too think that the fact that you're a young and fit guy should provide you with advantage in this fight! We're all here for you -- thinking and praying for you. You keep fighting and keep us posted.

Gail P-M

Ray, I am so sorry about your MRI findings...having said that, you CAN beat this thing!!! Think of it this way, there is alot that can be done for brain mets-when my dads were found the onc. was sure that he brought the point home to us that "brain mets will NOT kill you father, we can deal with them-there are ALOT of options out there to deal with brain mets."

Think of it this way, if you opt for whole brain radiation, then you break that damn 'blood-brain barrier' that allows for the mets in the first place. Then the chemo will be able to do ITS thing 8)8)8) !!

I understand that you feel blue about it, lets face it, its not the best news...but, it is defianatly NOT THE WORST NEWS, EITHER!!

You can do it, Ray :D ...and we are here for you. Take care, Deb

Ray I know what you mean. It makes it seem very personal. Those brain mets could have been there when they found the adrenal mets. When they found my brain met they were only making sure I didn't have any symptoms. i had a gamma knife procedure which is less invasive than surgery and equally effective. I went to work the next day. Make sure to ask your DR about that. Don't give up we're pulling for you.

Ray you can beat this.. Keep a positive attitude, I know it is hard to keep a positive attitude when it keeps coming like it has, but it will help!!!!

Ray, bummer news, brother.

But I know you are a fighter and there is so much that can be done with brain mets. I know you will come out on top because you have all these wonderful people pulling for you. Know that we are right beside you in your fight.

Annie

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. I DO FEEL BETTER TODAY DUE TO ALL MY LC BROTHERS AND SISTERS HERE. ALSO I DID A LOT OF RESEARCH ABOUT BRAIN METS ON THE NET. NO ONE SHOULD EVER HAVE TO BE TOLD THEY HAVE CANCER. BUT TO BE TOLD 3 TIMES REALLY $UCK$.

I WOULD OF LIKED TO HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THE ADRENAL GLANDS FIRST BEFORE I HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS. TOMORROW I GET A CT SCAN TO SEE IF THE CHEMO IS WORKING FOR THE ADRENAL GLANDS. MY ONOCOLIGEST FEELS IT IS WORKING BUT I AM SO AFRAID TO GET MY HOPES UP AGAIN.