New Game Plan for Mike!

shineladysue

After two failed attempts with Tarceva , we are moving into the next plan. Mike is still a little short of breath , but the prednisone is helping that. Starting tomorrow, the prednisone dosage will be coming down. On Friday, CT Scans of Chest abdomen and Pelvic will be done, next Thursday he has a ,previously scheduled, pulmonologist appointment and then if all is well we will meet with the onc again on Monday , Oct. 10th to get scan results and start chemo. The doctor wants to start him on CPT11 plus Avastin. For now, we will take it one day at a time and get a new set of gloves out for the next fight. Will do some mini reports along the way. :wink: Take care all . If anyone has any experience with either of the two drugs, I would appreciate you sharing them with us. Thank you.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Brian is on CPT 11.

He was on it w/ Carboplatin, but the nueropathy put a stop to the Carboplatin.

He is on a high dose of CPT 11 once a week for 3 weeks then 2 weeks off.

He is very sick today..................don't know if he will get Thursday's dose.

I will keep you posted.

Mike is in our prayers and so are you, dear Sue.

P

Pat,

Thanks for sharing.. I am so very sorry to hear Brian is feeling so sick today. I hope you two know I keep you in my prayers. As for the every week thing, that's what the onc said . He wants to put Mike on small doses weekly at first to find out his tolerance for it . He said diarrhea is the main problem and has to be dealt with aggressively until undercontrol. He said Immodium every 2 hours and every 4 at night until it is under control.

Oh dear Sue,

I am glad there is a plan coming together for Mike. How I hope this will be the one that produces positive results for you guys. You both remain in my daily prayers. Hope knowing we are all here sending warm thoughts, lots of prayers, and as much support as we can is of some comfort.

Please come back more often for broad shoulders to lean on!

Love,

Kasey

We want to thank all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers. It means so much to know we aren't alone. Jim, I remember your wonderful , inspiring results with Cisplatin and CPT11, but I always thought it had more to do with the smile on your precious grandson's face. :wink: Who wouldn't feel better after looking in those eyes? Mike's combo will be different than any I have read about here , but the doc didn't want to revisit the platin drugs with Mike. Perhaps it is because he had no response from Carboplatin in the beginning plus he suffers from slight neuropathy in his toes and fingers now. It's getting hard to find a chemo that Mike hasn't had. :? Okay , enough rambling for me for now.. Prayers to all.

Love,

Sue

no such thing as enough rambling! as Led Zeppelin said, you ramble on! we're here to love and support you, no limits, lady.

I am coming to this late from a combo of work and computer trouble, but you're in my thoughts all the time, anyway. you are a ray of light and I know you'll shine into Mike's new plan and help it work! love and prayers continue,

xoxo

bunny

Sue, I'm saying lots of prayers that this new game plan will work for Mike. Dennis was given CPT-11 and Cisplatin, also. Side effects were minimal. He did have a problems with diahrrea at times during treatment but prescription meds took care of that.