The suffering is over

rayroy

Dad passed away last night at 10:05 pm. He got the last rites 5 hours before. I told him that I would take care of Mom and the family. He was a great man who battled with everything he had and was very brave. Later I will write about this great man and his history. I will be back and remain in this supporting community. May dad rest in peace and I will see him again one day!

Guest DaveG

Rayroy:

So sorry to hear the news of your father. He sounded at peace, as it should be and it sounds as if it is a relief for the family. I look forward to hearing from you again, when you are ready.

Rayroy,

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your Father. From following your writings here I know what a wonderful person he was. Your assurances that you will care for your Mother and the family, and the way you have been there for him over all of these months was a source of comfort to him while he lived. I hope that you can find consolation in that. Prayers to you and yours for strength and peace, and a personal thank you for your promise to remain with this group in the future.

Once again, I am very sorry for your loss.

Fay A.

Ray,

We share with you the agony of your grief. No words can express the sorrow that is felt for you and your family right now. We have come to know you and your great Dad through your posts. Please continue to come to this board for grief support and to help others through their journeys with LC. You have helped so many people here, despite your own personal dilemma!

Cheryl

Dear Ray; So so sorry to hear of your loss, My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family. Know that you have been an inspiration to many.

God bless you and your family

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB -left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Dear Ray,

May the Lord continue to bless you and your family as you continue in this part of the journey.

As you return to this board it can be a great source of comfort to you as you continue to bless the lives of these people with your love and wisdom.

Please accept my deepest sympathies for the great loss of your father.

Hugs, Shelly

Rayroy, Thank you for letting us know about the death of your Dad. I can only imagine the grief you and your family are going through and I hope that you know you all are in our prayers.

Your Dad was blessed to have you as his son.

Take care of each other,

Kelly

Dear Ray-

I have tears in my eyes as I post this. I'm very glad your dad's suffering is over and that he died peacefully. This is very hard on you. I admire the way you were always "there" for him and the fact that you will continue to be there for your mom...I'm sure that gave your father a lot of peace of mind. Will wait to hear from you when the time is right. Blessings.

Dear Rayroy,

I am very sorry to learn about your Father. I have always admired your love and devotion to your Father and your family. In our family, I call our son, our SUN--I think that title describes you too.

Thinking of you and praying for all,

Ada

Ray.

Please accept my condolences on the passing of a great man, your father.

It sounds as if he was a strong man and gave his all in this fight. Take the time you need, and please take up as much space as is required to give your father a fitting tribute here on the message board. Take care Ray.

David P.

Dear Rayroy,

I am so very sorry :cry: You are without a doubt a loving,caring son. You both fought a great battle and although it appears to have been lost, IT WAS NOT! Your Dad's life has not ended...it has just begun in a new way.I hope the pain eases quickly for you and your family.

Thanks for always having such kind, supportive responses.

God bless,

Lynn