Mission accomplished - WBR is fine!

Leslie221

Had the first treatment this afternoon. It was so relaxing I could have just meditated myself into sleep! I couldn't believe it.

Really nice and gentle women technicians. Never felt a thing and the only sound is a low hum like an x-ray for a few minutes at a time. When they said, "You're all done," I couldn't believe it. :D

I know side-effects will build up as I have more treatments, but tonight I went shopping at Wal-Mart and I feel totally normal - as far as that is possible for ME :wink: . The actual radiation treatment is not scary or uncomfortable at all.

I'll go M-F at 9:00 each morning. Turns out I won't have to have so many treatments as first thought; doctor upped the radiation doses a little 'cause chemo won't start till Jan 10. They're going to try to get it done before I start chemo. So the number of daily road trips may be reduced!

Going to make dinner and watch two DVD's that are due at the rental place tomorrow (we always leave them to the last minute!)

Love to you all and THANK YOU for all the support you give me. I'll update on the treatments only when there's something new or interesting to say. So back to normal posting for a little while, I guess.

Leslie

I am so happy that your treatment went well. I will be having a brain ct scan next month. I pray that all will be okay. I wanted to do like you did and take the test and get it out of the way. My doctor said that if I am worried about it, that I should do just that, take the test and get it out of the way.

PRAY AND THRIVE

Leslie, so glad the treatment went well. I had 20 PCI treatments, I drove to the hospital, went in, got zapped, drove out and went to work. I even got free parking because the 1st 20 minutes is free, and I was never in there more than 10-15 min.

Did you have purple lights flashing in the room? I thought I did, but they told me that was my brain reacting to the radiation. It was really kinda pretty. My ears got sunburned after awhile and I used Polysporin - not neosporin. You just keep on hangin in there. Take care.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Leslie,

I'm glad to hear that your first treatment went so smooth. I bet that takes a huge load off your shoulder.

Praying that you'll have continued success and that the side effects will be minimal.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

PS Ya better not wait until you think something is new or interesting to post girl.....we'll be worried about you. Just keep us updated on how you're doing!!!!!

Hi Leslie,

Just read you post and I am thrilled all went well and your anticipation has lessened.

I PMed you as I did not see this post, so you don't have to answer me as you updated us.

Glad you got some shopping done and watch your DVD's.

Take care,

Maryanne

Leslie,

I am so glad to hear that your experience was not a 'bad' one yesterday. My prayer is that each one will be the same....and knock those @#%& mets to kingdom come!!!!

I am thinking of you and Mark as you continue to deal, as you do, with your upbeat attitude. Love you.

Kasey

So glad you got everything started and found out it wasn't a terrible experience for you. I'm so relieved for you. I think the worry, waiting and anticipation of anything is usually the worst part! So glad you're now past all that. Just kick back, relax and enjoy those movies!

Excelente! Who ever thought there'd be a day that a trip to Wal-Mart felt like an accomplishment?

:lol: I love your humor. I'm always wanting to use your students' expression "inhales profusely!" Thanks for all the chuckles you've given me.

I still feel fine so far. Working part-time every day because I feel like it. But I get "sleepy" in the evenings. A nice sleepy, not "fatigued."

Enjoy Christmas break!

Leslie

Leslie,

Great to hear you have embraced this treatment and all is going well. You sound a whole lot different than thay woman that was so scared ( and right so) that posted when you first got word of what you had and what needed to be done.

Your a very strong vibrant woman Leslie and I am so glad you are doing so well.

God Bless you,

Jane