Getting to Know You - January 24

Ann

BUNNY! :D and, yes, there are people on this earth who call me bunny to my face. my grandfather, his brothers, and my father were all called bunny in the army, as our last name is Ravitz. it's a very naturally occurring nickname.

the name came into my life in college, and really 'stuck', oddly enough, when I did my year abroad in England. one friend, a Brit named Neil (who, randomly, ended up on one of the seasons of MTV's Real World) loved it and soon everyone was calling me that 'over there'. in law school I was bunny or just Ravitz, which happens a lot too.

mom calls me peanut, dad calls me AR, and davy calls me puddin'.

xoxo

amie

Years ago, Dennis always called me his "Pookie Bear." I have no idea where this ever came from. When we moved to Florida and I met my friend Sue, he immediately started calling me "Annie-Roo." It was always Annie-Roo and Susie-Q. He only called me Pookie Bear occasionally from that point but called me his Annie Roo until the end. Some friends still call me "Annie-Roo" and I think of Dennis every time I hear it.

The nickname I got as a kid at school was Rocky. I don't remember how it came about but it cracked my dad up and he started to use it. When I went to camp one year he marked all my stuff with Rocky--my mom was not amused.

Now the only person that calls me Rocky now is one of our friends.

Ok, my real name is Virginia - but NOBODY calls me that. My sisters called me cracker crumbs when I was small. You figure it out.

Earl called me babycakes or BC. I called him honeybunny or HB. Cutsey names really are obnoxious, aren't they, but we love them.

I find most men call me Gin, not Ginny.

I am trying to get my grandchildren to call me DDG for drop dead gorgeous - but they are not falling for it. Oh darn.

Gosh!! My name is Cynthia so Cindy came from that. I had a grandma who called me Cinda because Cynthia ends in an A not a Y. Go figure!!

Hubby always calls on the phone and says Hi beautiful-I still melt at that one!!

When I first met him his friends-construction workers-they called me prettyface-I think it was because they were always drinking and could not remember my name! :shock:

My step dad called me Samantha-because of Bewitched-she had long blonde hair and it was the 70's, her hair looked kind of like mine. My last daughter I named Samantha because of that.

I was called shorty by my Dad, Brother and family friends. It came about at my birth...I was a very long baby and that's when my growth spurt stopped. I am five foot five and settling. I was called Shorty thru Navy boot camp and then it ended. I was in my twenties before I realized "I Was kinda untall". My heighth never bothered me...no matter how tall or short someone is, I still look em straight in the eye.

jim

My name is Rebecca, only hear it when my mother is VERY angry and it's paired with my middle name... I believe "Rebecca Sue" is motherspeak for run-like-hell-your-*ss-is-mine.

I picked Snowflake when I originally logged on here because it's been a 'net nickname since I lived in Alaska...also have gone by Frostbit-in-AK shortened to Frosty.

Could list some other nicknames given to me over the years, but won't tempt the censor program for bad words...LOL

Mom calls me Suzie Q or Suz. Don't know where that came from, other than the fact my middle name is Sue.

Dad called me Snail because I was always the last one ready to go anywhere (also the only girl other than my mom, so I should have been cut some slack :) !). He also called me Bones because I was skinny as a kid. Those skinny days are long gone!

My brothers used to call me Keeder. Apparently I could not say my name properly and they allege it's how I said my name. I think there's a conspiracy afoot.

~Suzie