Small update on Mike-updated 2-4

shineladysue

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that things haven't changed a lot for Mike. He is still struggling to bounce back from his two stent procedures (trachea and esophageal) in December. He was in the hospital til Christmas and has been struggling with cough or infection since. He is on the 4th antibiotic, extra steroids, cough meds etc and things aren't any better. We will call the doctor tomorrow. I think it's about time for x rays and or scans to be done. We need to know exactly what is going on. We were just there this past Thursday and he gave us a choice of inpatient or outpatient to treat Mike. Mike wanted out , but the tons of meds he is taking aren't helping. :(

I come here and try to keep up with everyone. I care about you all and pray for you. This month has brought us all down. In my time here, I've never seen so many deaths or reports of bad news in one month. I know that I have shed a ton of tears for all those folks here that we have come to love so much. Damn this disease. I'm having a terrible struggle myself these days. Just can't keep it together. Would appreciate any prayers or positive thoughts you can send our way. Thank you. Praying for all of you.

Love,

Sue

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((((Sue)))),

Tons and tons of prayers for you and Mike!!! You have made ME feel better just by letting me know this has been a very bad month....for you long timers, as well as for those of us here not so long. I was thinking it was just me...not that it makes it any better at all, you know?

So Sue, tonight there will be some extra special prayers in addition to the ones that are already being offered...for better times...some improvemenet.

Love,

Kasey

Sue, i pray for you and mike every night by name. Seems we each have some bad times. Hang in there! Keep up the fight! Lots of people have coughs, bronchitis, etc. Dry air around here has been really bad. i run a vaporizer to help us with coughs and sinus. We definitely are praying for you both. pammie

Oh Sue -

You guys have been through so much. I hope you get some good news this week. I will add you to my prayers tonight that you recieve God's comfort and peace. It has been such a terribly tough month.

Holly

Oh Sue...we're all praying for you and Mike. I'm so sorry things haven't been improving. Please know that you're in my thoughts. Keep us posted as you can. I know you're very busy right now with more important things!

Prayers for you both. Sue, I know I keep harping on this, but it is a real problem for those of us who have Lung Cancer. Fungal infections are common in those of us who have Lung Cancer or are treated with a lot of antibiotics. Antibiotics work on Bacterial infections, NOT Fungal infections. I've had two Fungal infections of the Lung and throat in the past two months. Also, has his Doc checked to see if a fissure has formed between the Esophagus and the Trachea/Lung? I had a very tiny one back in 2003, which healed quickly once I got on the right antibiotic. They can be the root cause a lot of coughing. Tell Mike to hang in there.

Hi Sue,

I am so sad that Mike is feeling so bad.I know its so hard for you too watching him go through this. My prayers are with you both! Take care, and keep the faith that God will take care of him. Take care of yourself too Sue.

Tess

Hello All,

It's late , but I wanted to tell all of you that Mike is in the hospital again. His cough got progressively worse over the weekend. Took him to the doctor today and he put him in the hospital to put him on IV antibiotics, steroids, do blood work, culture , xrays etc. He may have to go down and clean out the trapped phlegm . We hope this will be a short and productive visit. Will keep you informed. I know nothing more. Left Mike bouncing off walls with the steroids. Take care everyone and thank you for all your love and wonderful messages etc. Sorry to make this rushed and short, but it's late and I'm tired.

Love,

Sue

I know you're probably worried that he's been hospitalized but this should really help kick that infection. The blood cultures will help them figure out the bacteria and the IV antibiotics will kill it much faster than the oral stuff.

You gotta love those steroids...keep us posted on how he's doing. Hang in there.