Mom is back in the hospital, waiting...

Jeez,

Mom went for her follow-up MRI from the neurosurgeon visit a month ago and the next thing we know she is being transported to UC, which usually means serious business. Her neurosurgeon called to say that there is either an infection in her brain (which he highly doubts bc she has no signs of infection and usually it would have happened much closer to her surgery) or tumors. She is in the NSICU tonight only bc there are no other beds in the regular neurological unit. I know that she is in the best hands, people from all over come to UC, but I just wish we knew something. The Dr. is not coming tonight. Someone from their office called to tell the nurses no food after midnight in case she has surgery tomorrow.

We will be there bright and early, waiting....I hate that and I know you all understand that.

Mom spirits are great-cracking the nurses up (her usual), although I'm sure she is scared to death-or maybe that's just me. :? No one could stay with her tonight, but she was eating angel food cake when we left. Her head hurts and she has not had pain meds since 10am this morning...

Tomorrow is mom's 52nd birthday, July 21st. We have on order her favorite cake. I hope she can enjoy it, but if not, I guess at least her problem will be treatable.

Thanks for listening and being here for me. All my love,

I'm sure you will bring the party to your mom tomorrow. Give her my best as well! Another birthday is a great thing.

I know this has to leave you frazzled. God love ya, it's never an easy road, is it? I'm hoping and praying that there will be an easy or quick answer for your mom. You will both be in my prayers!

Keep us posted!

:) Kelly

Lori,

I was not expecting to read this, I am so sorry about

your mom :( If I know your mom, she will kick the heck out of whatever they find.

I am assuming infection will be the lessor of the 2

evils. I will pray for your mom's quick recovery and

a Happy 52nd birthday

Lori,

I hate it that this all had to happen so close to her birthday. Maybe tomorrow when it really is her birthday she can celebrate with good news a some cake. I have both of you in my prayers that this turns out not to be something very doable.

Nina

Hey Lori,

Sorry to hear about the setback, but I'm sure it is comforting that your Mom is in good hands. My Mom had to spend her birthday in the hospital as well. We brought cake and promised her a great meal when she got out!

Your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Faylene

Lori, so sorry to hear that your mom is spending her birthday in the hospital. I'm sure she would love to be home with her family today but to a mom, having your family near is what matters, regardless of where you are! I'll be continuing prayers for your mom! Please tell her Happy Birthday for us!!!

cake.gif

I know it sucks that she has to be in the hospital on her birthday..and it does SUCK!

The good thing is that it sounds like they are being very cautious and aggressive in trying to find out what is going on.. and that is a GOOD THING!

Can only imagine how scared you are... deep breaths until you know more are definately in order.

Thinking of your family - praying for good (or at least manageable) news -- and sending LOTS of wishes for a HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday!!!

Cindy

Hugs and birthday wishes for your Mom. I spent my 66th birthday in the hospital - 2 days post-op. It was lonely and I didn't think the staff did much to help me celebrate. But that's ok. I'm here to complain about it.

Hope she's out soon.

Muriel