golden275

Just found this board the other day and it looks like a good place to be. I was diagnosed with lung cancer in September 2001, had chemo, had surgery in February 2002 where they took out 1/2 my left lung, had pleural effusion and it was found cancer returned in 2004. Had chemo again in 2004 and am still here. Now on Tarceva.

Finally refused to just sit around and feel sorry for myself and started planning my life as if I were well. Guess I could be called a survivor.

:D

Dear Golden275,

Glad you found us, and HECK YES YOUR A SURVIVOR!! :wink::wink:

Glad to hear you decided to live again. :wink::D I know just what your talking about when you say that. Been there done that!! :roll: I laid around for two years after I was dx.d with my lung cancer, and then one day I woke up and said, "HOLY CRAP, I'M GOING TO LIVE!!! :!: " And there ends the saga of depression. Here I am 11 years later. :D

Hope you'll stick around and make some new and good friends. I know I have!

Golden,

Welcome to the boards! I love your newfound attitude and yes, you are most certainly a survivor! We all need to hear these stories! God bless you today and always. May you find peace during the cancer rollercoaster and as always I pray for the miracle of healing!

God bless!

Jen

Hello and welcome,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful success story!

This is a HUGE inspiration to me and my Dad who is currently battling lung cancer. We need to hear as many success stories as possible and this is a GREAT one!!

Continued good health and living to you.

Best Regards,

-Rod

Welcome Golden!

So glad you joined us. Well, I think enough people have confirmed that you truly are a survivor and should be proud of the title, so I won't repeat that.

But, I do want to welcome you to the best group of people on the internet. There is so much information, support and love here. But there is always room for one more. After 5 years, your experience is priceless, especially to those who join us that are new to this journey. You can give so many hope and determination to fight. You can help change someone's life here. And during those times when you are struggling or feeling down, we will be here to try and help support you.

So glad you found us.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

Reading posts here has helped me already. I had the same problem with Tarceva that another poster had. I like others posting on various topics so I can see what they are going through or have gone through. It's encouraging to me and helps.

There is so much to read that I'll be reading for weeks. Thanks again.