Aloha

cindi o'h

I might be moving back to Hawaii.

My best friend there sent a voice mail yesterday with an invitation. Her mother passed away last week and she has a spare bedroom in her house for me.

Michele is the friend who paid my way to meet her in Chicago last year. We had a great time even though I felt I slowed her down considerably. She is just the finest person.

When they built their house 5 or so years ago, they built a separate Mom's quarters connected by a breezeway and brought her Mom from the mainland.

I don't know HOW I will get there, but I will get there. Car, personal belongings, my poor body that doesn't travel well anymore....these are my worries of the day. Once I get there, it will be okay. The times I moved to Hawaii before, I carried my belongings in a 2 suitcases and a box. Those were the skinny days. Now....? How does one MOVE to Hawaii? I am clueless.

Help! (please kokua)

Cindi o'h

A-ha, just when the snowflakes are bearing down on upon us.....When the going gets tough in Minnesota, the tough get going to Hawaii? :D

I am so envious Cindi. Sounds like a wonderful plan. I hope it works out. They have Internet in Hawaii right? When can I come visit? :D

Huggers, Barb

Well, you have my permission to go only if they can hook up your puter quickly when you get there. I would really miss not hearing from you and knowing you are doing well.

It sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I went to Hawaii in the mid 60's and it was so beautiful then. What island would you be living on? I am excited for you and hope things work out so that you can do this.

Nina

I live in Hawaii for a month one time. :lol: Got there by Submarine provided by United States Navy. :shock: Was allowed 1 Duffle Bag and Worked my way there. :( Better Luck!!! :mrgreen:

Alan and I have decided to go back to our Honeymoon spot of Maui for our 15th wedding anniversary in late april. I am envious of someone living there. As for moving your stuff have you thought about boxing some of it and shipping it UPS??? Alan has good friends who lived there for 15 years, moved back to California and are getting ready to move back to Maui. I can ask them and send you a PM on the best way to move belongings and a car. I can feel the warm sun soaking into my bones right now 8)

She lives in Kona. Captain Cook, to be exact. On the Big Island.

I used to work with her. She was pregnant with her #3 when we met. What a ding-a-ling, I thought. She had a flat tire on the way to work and came waltzing in 3 hours late showing me the beautiful, rare flowers she had found on the side of the road...."Arrrgh! Get to work!!!...whataya, nuts?" (turns out she is...hehe)

Anyway. No ice fishing. None. Her husband has a small fishing boat though. I caught a 26# Ono off it once. yummy. I always wanted to host him here in an ice house. He would love it. Especially spearing. Oh well.

I will please take all shipping advice. I need it.

love,

Cindi

Wow, it sounds absolutely wonderful to be thinking of moving to Hawaii!!!

I sure do hope that it all falls into place and you'll be able to go, Cindi.

My sister moved to Hawaii a short time ago. She is back now but it is a dream to move back for her.

I'll ask her for any advice she might have for you.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Oh you lucky lady!! I haven't been since I was in my teens....MANY moons ago...

My sis was stationed there, about 8 years ago, and swears she's going back when she retires. I may join her! As for shipping - she did it on the Army ('tho that really means most of it fell on her shoulders :roll: ) I know they had to arrange for transport of their cars, pets, kids, and mucho belongings. I'll see if she has any advice.

My advice....an icy MaiTai (with Kasey's umbrella, of course) on the beach, or on that boat. A good camera to share those priceless sunsets with your mainlander friends. And a fabulous "lei" upon arrival..... :oops::wink:

Looks like you're going to be adding hula dancing to your famous serpentine, huh?...

Love, Hugs & ALOHA!!!!

Stacey

You lucky dog you! In 10 days we're going to Kauai, I thought I was in heaven going back to Hawaii for 2 weeks and here you are living my dream of moving there.

If you really want to ice fish you can always put some ice blocks in the pool and use your imagination.

Go, enjoy and think of us all during "our" winters while you're still in your bathing suit during "your" winters.

Geri

Cindi...this sounds like a really good plan!!! I know you will make us all green with envy!!! Hey, don't worry about excess baggage...physical things or mental. Sometimes, just clearing your head and leaving it all behind can do wonders. You know that I'm in your corner, wishing you whatever brings happiness!!!

Well, well girlfriend looks like you certainly have a great friend, who wil always be there for you. This sounds perfect to me. :mrgreen:

I was there 17 years ago, and what a beautiful place. Can you fit us in your suitcase??

I am sure you don't have to bring any furniture, it must be furnished already. And maybe when you have your car shipped you can fill it up with your personal stuff you can't pack in a suitcase. Whatever you can't bring, you can just buy it out there. Just an idea, don't really know anything about shipping etc.

I always felt things would work out for you, espcially way back when you were so scared about losing your house. :shock: There is a G-d and he is shining upon you. I think you had mentioned before she has a great family, and that is the key, that you will never be alone....

Don't mind the pub moving to Hawaii... I love those little umbrellas in those exotic drinks. We could even put them in your Margueritta's. :D

Seriously, this is perfect for you, you deserve peace and relaxtion as you have been through so much!!

Keep us posted on your progress in getting there. :D

Love ya,

Maryanne :wink:

At least there is no snow to shovel

A strong earthquake shook Hawaii early Sunday, causing a landslide that blocked a major highway on Hawaii Island and knocking out power across the state, authorities said.

The state Civil Defense had unconfirmed reports of injuries, but communication problems prevented more definite reports. People were also trapped in elevators in Oahu, authorities said.

Gov. Linda Lingle said in a radio interview with KSSK from Hawaii Island that she had no report of any fatalities. She said boulders fell on highways, rock walls collapsed and television had been knocked off stands.

THis just hapeened this Morning.

• 4 weeks later...

this is Cindi o'h speaking//

Well, It was close.

I would have loved to move to Hawaii, but another friend on Ohau convinced me that the volcanic fog (vog) might be too much for my already compromised lungs.

With sorrow, I had to say aloha to Michele and the idea of lounging in Paradise.

While thinking about moving to Hawaii, Haylee offered she and dh would come to Minnesota to pack me up to get me moved to Hawaii. Since that fell through, Haylee convinced me to give Ohio a try. There is no vog in Ohio! Only lots of love and a family that will help me to get settled in a new town, apartment and life.

Can you believe it? All from internet friendship and the lcsc message board.

Here I am, my first 12 hours in Ohio!

love,

Cindi o'h