My mom has made it 3 years!!

Andrea

Three years ago my mom was diagnosed. We were told her chances were not great statistically, but the only stats to focus on was 50/50, either she pulls through or she doesn't. Makes sense when you think about it ;)

Three years and a few days ago, like many others out there, I believed my mom's risk of LC was low since she quit smoking 30 years ago. I was ignorant about lung cancer.

Three years ago plus one day my mom and I kept our hair appointments. We held hands walking into the mall crying, hoping it was not for the last time. Today, we will walk into the mall holding hands and get our hair done, thankful for this time together.

The past three years have been a whirlwind. So much has happened to my family. I almost think we are cramming everything in these past three years since I was blessed with a wonderful childhood, never knowing from illness or tragedy.

LCSC is one of the best things that has happened to me since my mom's diagnosis. I cherish the friendships I have made and I am so thankful to have you all.

I often don't have the words of comfort like many of you seem to have, but I love you all and truly appreciate everyone and everything at LCSC.

No words are really necessary, Andrea. Just being here for everyone is more than enough.

Congrats to your mother and to you for being such an advocate for her.

Thanks also for being here for all of us touched by this disease.

Good luck with all you have on your plate right now.

Kasey

Andrea

Congrats to Mom and ditto to everything said before me here.

Trust me on this? You have never failed me in the times I have needed some comfort and support and I am sure that everyone here feels the same way. THANK YOU for all that you do!

Here's to the next 3 years~

Chris

Andrea,

Congratulations on this first 3 years and here's to the next 3. By that time your Dad will be "three years out" and your child will be around 2. I hope it all works out and that these next three years will be happy ones and not filled with all of the stress you have had. You deserve a break. Thanks for being here for all of us.

Nina

Dear Andrea,

I was so happy to see your post this morning. I very clearly remember those early days and all the tough times in between. Your mom is a tough cookie! One of there days I am going to make it west to meet your wonderful family.

Here's to three more years!

Love,

Denise