Home from Hospital....again.

cindi o'h

I went in on Sunday night. Still was not breathing well. Turns out it is my lungs and heart. They kept me through Weds. evening and treated me very well. Switched around some meds and hopefully that will help me on track. I have fluid around my heart (mod. am't. now) and left lung...(moderate).

I fell hard on Friday and hurt my back. The CT scan showed a compression fracture in my spine. 5 years ago I had the strong bones of a 20 year old. With chemo, rad, and prednisone, they are porous. Have to watch it now... no more plunking down on precarious chairs without thoughtful consideration of the consequences.

I was having much edema in my legs and feet and that is getting better. I am on Oxygen full time now.

Still on high prednisone. Very bad asthma flare along with everything else. Should be off it in a week or so... (been very very yackity!)

Still hanging in there and definitely still giving 'em hell-. Only way to GO!

Cindi o'h

Sorry for all the challenges, Cindi. Glad you are home and hopefully on the right track. May you feel better as each day passes. Guess on top of everything else, you need to be sure this new medical group gets all your records from MN. Another challenge to deal with.

Keep us posted, Cindi, so we know when to show up at the pub.

Love,

Kasey

Well for crying out loud, Kasey! :P You don't need a flipping invitation to the Pub! It is party party party day and night.... All come! Geri's got the Mimosa's all ordered up! I just have to learn to make the fancy drinks. I have been so used to pouring Bud Lites from the tap lately~ and boiling up chocolate donuts! Frank, love your new dooo! Have so much to catch up on...looks like at least 10 pages of posts....Yikes!

Geri, how in the heck do you make a pitcher of Mimosa's (and then I will double the recipe to make all of the board happy!)?

Okay then....order on up, I'll mix your favorites! You still sitting on your stool Kasey? Good to see Joanie's back on hers and Rich too!

love

Cindi o'h

Yep, Cindi, I am on my stool right now. I will have a whatever you feel like fixin' me! Maybe with an umbrella in honor of your 'almost' move to Hawaii. Maybe a Bailey's with Joanie and then a mimosa with Geri. And I cannot forget the Bud Lite with Frank. Oh geez...................I am on my way to the bathroom just thinking of all those drinks!!!!

Glad you'll be serving them up ths Saturday night, Cindi! You just gotta know we all love ya!

Kasey

It's too late for mimosas now - here it's after 5pm and if I didn't feel so crappy with the flu (and also if I hadn't taken some real high octane cough syrup) I'd be on the scotch.

I'm going to have to postpone my liquid celebration of your survivorship, for now I'm just going to blow my nose a few dozen more times and hope I still have skin left on it when this is over! :):):)

Keep my stool warm Kasey I'll celebrate Cindi's homecoming later.

Geri

Hi girlfriend,

So glad you are home and opened up the bar. You take good care of yourself. At least you have good friends who will look out for you. But you also have to look out for yourself also. Know how fragile your bones are keep yourself aware of that. I don't want you to fall anymore!!

Make mine a Extra dry Kettle Run Vodka Martini with extra olives. And Joel will just take the best red wine you have. He is doing really well this weekend that he has been nipping on his wine here.

Take care sweetie and we are all so glad you are feeling better. You certainly have the best attitude!!

Maryanne :wink:

Cindi,

Gee I am glad you are home. I am so darn thirsty. Have you got the makin's of a white russian? I love those things.

Why is it that when you get to feeling poorly it all seems to come at once? It just doesn't seem fair. After all, you are suppose to be home tending bar not going off to spend a luxury week at the Medical Day Spa. Love you Cindi.

Nina

Cindi,

What a month you have had! Thank goodness you are not going this alone. I am glad you are home and hopefully improving everyday. Pourous bones are no joke. Be careful walking...even a stumble could lead to a broken bone (happened to my mom a couple of months ago).

Now, I would like to buy a drink for Nushka. White Russians are good, but I bet she has never had a nuts and berry. So I'll have one for Nushka and myself please.

Take care,

Mendy

HUMMMM.... So would you like to play a game of TAG?

Cindi's in the hospital, No Connie's in the hospital, Cindi's back in the hospital, no no it's Connie.......

Hey, maybe someone here would like to start up a betting board. All bets get donated to LUNGevity!

This isn't HOW your suppose to Celebrate your 4 Year Survivorship or does your hospital offer better cocktails then mine does? I know, your one up on me being you own a Pub and all but geeeezzz louise! :P:roll::wink::lol:

Sure hope your feeling better soon. We didn't survive lung cancer to become a heart patient survivor, or did we??? :?:shock::roll::wink: Hang in there!

So, how are the Hospital's in Ohio? Any better then Minnesota?