Asking for Prayers, wisdom & thoughts (UPDATE 11/22)

Connie B

As most of you know I am an 11+ year Lung Cancer Survivor with very very few side effects after and during my treatments 11 years ago.

Well, sadly enough I think my luck has taken a turn for the worse.

In January of 2006 I underwent a double by pass for my heart, and I also had a reccurance of a rare Myxoma tumor in my left atrium of the heart. This is the 2nd time we took that bugger out in three years time. They are saying this is radiation causes,but one doc said it was smoking caused. Three said radiation and chemo, one blamed the smoking. :roll:

I have been fighting with SOB (shortness of breath) ever since my last open heart surgery (Jan 4, 2006 at Mayo Clinic), and then along with that other issues started to pop up. I not only have SOB, but I have dull aching in my groin area's, burning just under the skin going down my legs from the thigh down to the shins. I have also beem visited by anxitiy which occurs when the legs start to act up. I also get Chest pain in my heart area, AND in my right and only lung area. This appears to come and go, but lately it seems to be staying around longer each time, like about 10 to 15 mintues at a time.

I just came off ALL my blood pressure pills, because I felt they might be causing a lot of what is going on with me. This is been Very frustrating, and somewhat depressing because we can't seem to get to the bottom of this. I think this is helping me being off the BP meds. I am seeing some good changes. I have been in an out of doctor's, hospitals once or twice a week over the last 11 weeks. All my tests are coming back clean and clear, yet I still have Sevear SOB, groin problems, burning in my leg problems, etc.,etc., etc,

I'm giong to see my 5th cardologist Dec 13, If ANY of YOU have had ANYTHING that sounds like this I would be so grateful to you if you would share your insight on any of this. I am reaching for straws and trying very hard to figure all this out.

I am so very limited to what I can and can't do becauuse of the SOB and the sharp heart pain.

I'll take anything you have to throw at me for ideas or thoughts. I'll also take an extra prayer if you have on handy.

Thank you all in advance.[/b]

Sending BIG prayers for you from under the CArolina Blue skies and a big warm blanket for Comfort. Hope all goes well at meeting. Can not offer advice personally, but if you need anything drop a note and I will get right on it for you. I can offer and give a ton of support though.

You poor girl! I'm so sorry you're going through this! I work in cardiology and have seen patients with myxomas, and they all had it removed. However, I know that if it's not completely removed surgically, it can come back.

I really hope you get better and get over this asap. I'll be praying for you.

Connie,

How's your back? I know someone who has extreme leg/groin problems and when he had his back scanned, discovered he had some bulging discs and some possible squeezing going on.

As for the anxiety, your blood pressure is remaining normal at all times while not taking your pills? I have had some times of increased blood pressure and end up with headaches from hell and the feeling of an elephant sitting on my chest...

I think what you need is a three month cruise to relax and unwind - I'll write you a prescription so you can get that underway, my bill is in the mail...

(Ask about your spine...)

Connie- I am sorry for what you are going through. Maybe as Becky suggests it has nothing to do with your heart. It certainly sounds more like a nerve thing with the burning pain. Is there another medication you are taking that may be the culprit? Maybe you should consider a trip to Mayo or somewhere to get a diagnosis?

(((Connie))),

I have no personal experience with any of your symptoms, so I am of no help. BUT.....I can keep you close in thought and prayer that you get some resolution to what's going on.

It is scary to think that the very tx that has allowed you to be an 11 year survivor may, indeed, be the culprit in what is going on now. This whole cancer journey sometimes appears to be nothing more than a crap shoot. I am sorry, Connie, may the docs be in their best game mode to get to the bottom of this.

Love,

Kasey

Connie,

I am sorry for all that you have been going through. I didn't know all of this. I knew you were short on breath, but I didn't know about all of the heart rigamarole.

I think Mayo might be a good place for you to get to Connie. It is so darn close and if your ins. works there, why not?

Heart and lung stuff is what I am going through also. It is so complicated and sure enough nothing to fool around with.

I have read that there are just a few docs in the country who specialize in the funny goings on of long term cancer survivors. There is a calling for many more. We have our own unique set of problems that come with beating the beast. (if I can prematurely call myself among that group).

Well, anyway. Mayo, Connie. They have the reputation.

Wishing you nothing but a return to good and proper health.

Cindi o'h

Hi Connie,

I don't have any solutions, but I hope your doctors can get you back on the path to feeling good again.

It does seem ironic that the very treatments that save our lives come back to haunt us years later, but I think that will be the new challenge in oncology, now that they seem to be keeping us around long enough to suffer the effects of treatment.

I'll keep a good thought for you in the upcoming days and weeks.

Cindy

Connie,the prayers and good wishes go without saying.I too have bad pains in middle of chest and heart area,however mine are from a mediastinal shift of the heart and remaining lung.Every thing in there has moved so much it is all in each others way.It also causes severe reflux and lots of bad sicks.

I pray you get to the bottom of this.

Connie,

The groin and leg pain does sound like it could be a nerve compression like from a disc bulge. I have now had 2 back surgeries and had similar symptoms to what you describe in your legs.

Hope you can get answers and treatment very soon so you can live a more normal life. Take care. Prayers for you, Connie.

Dear Connie,

I have been sending prayers out to you and will continue to do so.

I feel so helpless as I do not have any answers or even suggestions for you. I just pray they can get to the bottom of this and get it fixed.

I will light a healing candle for you.

Maryanne

Connie, just echoing what Sharon said. I'm glad you told us and I will continue to pray for you to get better and better... to the point where we're all asking how Connie got to be the face on the Energizer Bunny! Seriously, my prayers and thoughts are with you, my friend.

BeckyCW

Connie,

I knew you were not feeling well and that you had been in the hospital from time to time. I had no idea it was something making you this uncomfortable. Of course you have my prayers. As for the SOB, just call it like it is....SOB.

You made it this far and if our prayers can do anything about it you will find the right doc and feel better soon.

Nina

Connie - so sorry to hear you have not been well and I hope they can find the root of your problems and make you all better REAL QUICK! Please be sure your docs are keeping an eye on your thyroid. I have been a rather healthy person until just recently when I thought I was dying. Turns out my thyroid is out of whack which can cause a whole list of problems including ANXIETY, blood pressure and heart issues, shortness of breath, stomach issues and body aches and pains. I know you have other issues that could be contributing to your problems but chemo and radiation can also cause thyroid problems. I truly felt I was dying recently. Had been to the doctor twice this month (I NEVER go to the doctor) and they scheduled me for an MRI to rule out gallstones or appendicitis, then I ended up in the ER with classic heart attack symptoms (ANXIETY, severely light headed, severly flushed face, chest pains and pain between the shoulder blades and numbness in my left arm.) The next day I was told I have thyroid issues and have been feeling steadily better since starting my meds.

GOOD LUCK,

Karen