Off Topic- How old were you when you lost your Parent(s)

Sheri

I was in my mid twenties when I lost my dad, he was 65. His dad had died at age 65 and for some reason my dad was sure he would die at 65 also (and did). My mom is still alive. I think we all expect to have our parents around until they are elderly and we're close to retirement.

MY Father died at age 58 and my Mother at 88 years old still work's every day. But here's the kicker she had triple bypass heart surgery in 2000 two week's before i had my quintuple heart bypass surgery, plus she had reumatoid fever when she was a little girl and was puny and has out lived all her sister's (no Brother's)....

All of my grandparents died before I was born. My father died at age 50, when I was 7 from strokes. My mother died at 68 when I was 26. We are not sure what caused her death. She had sever emphysema (sp) and they thought maybe lc but thought she was too sick to biopsy. Both of my sisters have died and both from throat cancer. Yep, I am the matriarch of the family. Depressing huh????

My parents are still living at 86 (Dad) and 83 (Mom). My grandmother lived to 92 and my other grandparents died either before I was born or shortly thereafter. I did have a great grandmother that lived to 108. There is a newspaper article of her going up in an airplane when she was 102.

I was 16 going on 17 when my dad died from lung cancer. I was 35 when my mom died from lung cancer. I was 36 whem my sister died from lung cancer. I was 49 when I loss my only son to depression. I was 37 when I lost my uncle to lung cancer, I was 39 when I lost an Aunt to liver problems and lung cancer. :cry::cry:

Not to give my age away, :roll: (like you can't figure it out, ha) but my mom did have me when she was in her middle thirties.

My dad died at age 91 and my mom at 94. Neither side had any Cancer. Hope that is the same with my genes plus the longevity.

Maryanne :wink: