Hi everybody, I'm new here

kathyjj

My name is Kathy, I'm 46 years old and I was diagnosed with lung cancer about a little over a month ago. What a horrible shock to put it mildly!!! I went to the doctor complaining of a chronic cough. They took a chest x-ray and said it looked like pneumonia. So they started antibiotic treatment. I wasn't getting any better and was sent to a pulmonologist. He did a bronchoscopy and that's when it was discovered. I've had 3 chemo treatments so far and I'm participating in a clinical trial. This past Friday my hair really started to fall out and boy was that hard to see. I'm having my 4th treatment tomorrow. I'm really glad I found this website and I'm looking forward to meeting and sharing.

Kathy

Welcome Kathy!!!!!

I am SO glad you posted AGAIN :D ! I am sorry I about your first one. I wanted to be sure all saw it, so TRIED to move it to its own spot........and you see how well I did :? .

There are so many helpful and caring people here. They will help you walk the walk offering support and expertise. This is a very scary journey to start out on, but it is a very doable one. Stick around and share your story. I PROMISE I won't touch a wrod you write ever again :oops: !

When you have time be sure to post a Profile. That is what you see under our names. You just click on Profile and fill in all your info......dx. tx. stage, type, etc., etc. That really helps folks support you better.

Kasey

Hi Kathy,

Boy, I'm really glad you found us too! We're a pretty good bunch of people here. I'm sorry you had to find us though! But, we sure will do our best to walk the walk with you.

What kind of lung cancer do you have? Small Cell or Non-Small Cell. As you can see in my profile below, I am a long term lung cancer survivor and I was or dx.d a stage IIIB, better known as late stage.

I sure hope you'll stay with us. Holler if there is anything I might be able to help you with.

Hi Kathy,

Welcome! We have all been through that shock of the lc diagnosis. I am sorry you have a need to be here but thank goodness for this wonderful group of supportive people. The hair loss can be very emotional.

I wish you well with your treatment.

Mendy

Welcome, welcome. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. We all know how hard it is to be told you have lung cancer and how it is to go through treatment. All of us need support and you will find it here.

Donna G

So you're the OTHER one Kasey was talking about a day or two ago. Welcome to the LCSC, Kathy!

There's an amazing amount of solid information and personal support here. No matter what your question, there's bound to be someone who's "been there done that" to give you a first-hand perspective.

And please do take the time to write a reasonably detailed profile. If you're sort of busy right now, start with a sketchy one, then fill in the details later. It will save you time in the long run. Whenever you want to post a new question or comment, there's no need for a lot of background -- just plunge into the subject at hand.

To create a profile click on "My Profile" at the top, scroll down to "Signature," enter/update your information, ensure that "Always attach my signature" is marked "Yes," and click "Submit." If you want to include a photo, you can do that with the Avatar feature.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

welcome and Thanks for pioneering in sa clinical trial. This is so important for Research and I knowe it is a hard decision. If you need any info aboout the drug or the trial drop me a note.

Welcome Kasey. I am sorry you had the need to look for us but so glad you found us. This is a wonderful place for support and information.

As others have said it will be a lot easier on you to ask questions if you post your profile. Then all you have to do is ask and we can look and see what you have done so far.

Best of luck and welcome.

Nina

Hi Kathy,

So we already have something in common. Kasey set out to delete both of us at the same time. You know she owes us both big time. I am thinking chocolate? Yes I always have food on my mine.

It is great that you posted again. So far it has been great to be at this site and already I feel at home. I hope you will to.

The hair thing is a big issue for me as well. Mine was very long most of my life and now I feel naked. I had never worn a hat before but all last winter I could not walk outside without one or I would freeze. It took me awhile but I finally got over being bald and now go everywhere without a hat. Hey if it is ok for men to be good looking and bald why can't I?

Sherry

[ SherryNeedsToLaugh ] Hey if it is ok for men to be good looking and bald why can't I?

A couple of months ago, when I was still totally bald, I was returning to the oncology clinic waiting room from their lab when through the entrance on the other side of the room walked a GORGEOUS young lady who also happened to be completely bald with no hat, scarf, or other typical head covering. A real knockout for sure. As if drawn by an invisible magnet I walked over and sat down next to her (my wife was chatting with someone at the time, but even if she hadn't been occupied, I don't think I would have been deterred). I came up with something brilliant like "why do you look so much better than me?" and she said "oh, it must be the lipstick." We had a good laugh over that and talked for a while, then all too soon the receptionist called her over to give her the records she'd come for and she departed with a wave.

We did talk long enough for me to learn that she was a leukemia patient and was heading to the mainland for a bone marrow transplant, but that's about the extent of our short conversation. Anything more than that I wouldn't have known what to do with anyway, right? But I must admit that the encounter did stir my imagination in various directions for a few days. I'll leave it at that before Kasey activates her delete finger again.

Welcome to the LCSC, Sherry! Can we look forward to a photo soon? Aloha,

Ned

Welcome Kathy. I am so glad that you have found us. Cancer is such a shock, that it is so nice that we can all find each other and be support. I am interesting in learning more about your cancer. Is it small cell, like my dad's? Or, it is non small cell, like so many other's here? How are you feeling? Is there anything we can do for you, or are there any questions we can answer?

Bless you!

Jen