PET and MRI Results - Could be better

raneyf

I've been having tests all week at my request to see where we were after the abraxane/carbo/avastin combo.

Bad News from PET: Two new bone mets, right femur, left ischium. Some new lymph involvement in abdomen and above left collar bone.

Good News from PET: Lungs look stable to better still. Previously radiated bone mets look good.

Bad News from MRI: 6mm Brain Met

So, I'm being radiated for the bone mets. Looks like I have SRS ahead of me for the brain met. Then maybe a clinical trial of docetaxel and a new drug - something like Obiterax (sp?). I'm not sure about the name of that other drug. He was going to write it down for me, but we both forgot. I have to finish all my radiation first anyway.

So it looks like I have a bright future that will include lots of chemo.

I'll be praying EXTRA hard for you.

Each time I see your picture next to your post, it makes me think of my daughter. It's very unfair that you're having to go thru this.

Please know I'm thinking of you.

Nova

Raney--

I am thinking really strong thoughts for you. They are going to get those bone mets. SRS will get rid of the brain met...You are going to be stable again. Sending all of my good thoughts to you and your family.

Best,

Leslie

(((Raney))), grab onto the good news parts and run with them. Do what you need to do to deal with the other :? . One 6mm brain met should be able to be blasted into oblivion with SRS, and the radiation should take care of the bones quite readily.

It's a difficult and scary journey someetimes, isn't it, hon? But each time you strap yourself in tighter and get on with what needs to be done to keep going around on this ride.

I'm hoping the tx won't be too hard and that pretty soon you'll have some news that is heavier on the positive side than this one was. Good luck. I'm cheering you on.

Kasey

Raney,

I wish the news was better, but I believe that those stupid mets will be no match for your strength and courage. I'll be adding my prayers to everyone else's that those nasty mets will be zapped for good.

Remember that we will be here with you through all the radiation and chemo.

Susan

Raney,

I'm so sorry you got some bad news. Everytime I see your picture it reminds me of me and my family. We both have little ones that need us and when we get the bad news we have to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and try the next thing. I'm encouraged to hear you had some good news as well. That is what you need to focus on. You are young and can withstand many chemos. I hope this next one will be the one to get the results you need!

Take Care,

Rachel

Raney,

Sorry about the mixed bag results. Hate those mixed bags . It's good to know there are still options and game plans. I'm glad your ducks are already in a row. Welcome to the "Constant Chemo" club. :?

Hoping to hear things are moving in the right direction soon.

Warm Regards,

Welthy

Talk about a roller coasted ride :roll:

Glad for the good news, lets just keep everything crossed that the new treatments will become good news.

Keep that positive attidude and keep those boxing gloves on and keep punching away. We are always here for you and right behind you routing you on. You are so young and that is a plus in your favor.

Sending prayers your way.

Maryanne :wink:

Hi Raney,

I am sure this has to be so frustrating and disappointing. Try to hang on to the good news and have faith that something new will do the trick for you. I am praying for you and your family and that there will be only good news for you in the future.