A horrible day...

Ry

John went for his brachytherapy today. He had the wires placed and started to cough and have lots of pain. It took forever for the ambulance to get there to move him to the cancer center for the radiation. When he got there the wires had moved and he couldn't have the treatment. Now he has to start this all over again. It was just a horrible day.

Ry,

I wish I could do more than to say that my heart goes out to you and John, but my heart and my prayers are with you. I'm just so sorry and so disturbed to hear of the suffering he is going through. It just seems there has to be a better way of doing things. Mike was so fortunate that at least the entire process could be done in the same place. They only had to roll him downstairs. It just seems that the entire procedure should be done at a place where both things can be done or in close proximity. Just know that I am praying for you both .

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Ry,

This just blows my mind! I am praying for you both.

As you know, I am very familiar with this procedure having been with Charlie as he went through 3 brachytherapy treatments. He had his catheter placed in the surgery area of the hospital and then they wheeled him downstairs to the radiation facility. I can't believe they actually shuttle patients across town like that!

Is there any possible way to have it done at an integrated facility or move the radiation source to your facility? They move the radiation source around here in Knoxville between the hospitals. It's in a big shielded container. If I'm out of line, just ignore me. I just can't believe you and John are having to go to this extreme.

On a positive note, this procedure gave Charlie many more good months... Praying!!!!!

If you need to talk to somebody that knows what you are going through, please PM me. Take care.

Ry,

Oh #*^&%! I hate it that the two of you are going through more crap lately. Hoping that the next time it will work okay.

We have the same deal here. The radiation center is across the street from the hospital. It's stupid but, it is what it is.

Everything crossed for the next try. I'm sure you're both pretty sick and tired of this by now. Hang in there -- it's all we can do.

Welthy

Oh man, I am so sorry, Rochelle. The two of you are due a break REAL soon. Did they reschedule yet? I sure hope John gets this over and out of the way so he is on the road to feeling better. Tell him I'm asking for him. Next time maybe have the ambulance ready to go???? Sounds reasonable, don't you think?

Good luck.

Kasey

I am so sorry Ry... John has been through so much and now this.

I just read Don's post and now yours Iam totally frustrated. I really need to hear good news.

I am sending prayers out to him to get this da*n test over with already.

Hang strong my friend, I could imagine how exhausted and worried you are.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Maryanne

Ry and John,

I too am so sorry you're having to go through this. This is just not fair for thinks to go this way. I pray that the next try works without a hitch and John can get some much needed relief.....and Ry,that you can get some much needed rest. Blessings to you both.