Chemo Again:(

ursol

Results of my CT Scan show .8 cm growth on my adrenal gland tumor. After about 9 weeks of Tarceva it appears it had absolutely no effect on me that we can tell although he said that we do not know that without the Tarceva would it have progressed more. "Who knows anything with this disease".

Anyhow, I got a B12 shot today and will Start Alimta once every three weeks for two rounds and then I will get another scan. I continue to ramble on!

Any advice on what to be prepared for with Alimta is welcomed. Thank you.

Lilly

I am sorry that the tarcveva does not seem to be working Lilly. I had 4 rounds of alimta and it was doable. I had fatigue that lasted mostly from one infusion to the next. I had some shortenss of breath. I offset the fatigue by exercising in the morning and napping in the afternoon.

Don M

Lilly,

I'm sorry that you have to go for more chemo. Hubby had big progression on Tarceva. I so wish it would work for more people. Wishing you good luck with the Alimta, it did work for a time for Tony. We didn't have the best experience, but Tony always had bad breathing issues. Hoping you find this next line a breeze that will do it's job for you.

Hugs and Hope,

Welthy

My mom had the B-12 shot, folic acid, and took a steriod the day before, day of, and day after Alimta infusions. Decadron I believe.

The Alimta had seemingly NO side effects on her. Her blood work remained great, little fatigue, no nausea ... you would never know she was getting chemo. However, it didn't work for her, there was significant progression, so that was maybe the trade off. She's on Tarceva now, and has significant fatigue and loss of appetite ... still waiting to see if it's working.

It's done wonders for a lot of people though and I'm hoping you're one of them.

Hi Lilly--

I'm sorry to hear the news. My dad is on Alimta...it has made him very fatigued. We are waiting to get a prescription for Provigel, which is a Ritalin-based psychostimulant, that may help combat the fatigue...

I will let you know if it works--but something to consider if you get hit by the fatigue.

Apparently, for many people, it is a very gentle chemo with few side effects.

My thoughts are with you.

Best,

Leslie

I'm sorry you got this news, Lilly. Alimta has had great effect (positive) for many ~ sure hope you are one of them. You are one who is in my prayers each day, Lilly. May your next report be more positive and give you the will to fight on. Remember many here are rooting big time for you.

Kasey

I don't have any experience with Alimta, but from what I read it doesn't sound too too bad. I think all chemo sucks, but I think at least Alimta is hair sparing.

I'm so sorry your scans didn't show better results. What a roller coaster ride this disease is. Praying that Almita knocks it all out.

Lori

Hi Lilly,

I'm sorry to hear that Tarceva didn't work for you, it didn't work for me either. However, I did well on Alimta for 18 weeks. It didn't improve anything but it did keep me stable while allowing me a great quality of life.

I found Alimta to be very easy. I was a little tired for a couple days after the infusion, but not fatigued. I had no other side effects. I was on it all summer and I had lots of energy and was able to do anything and everything. The most important thing to me is to be able to keep up with the kids and all of their activities. We have lots of help available to us but I like to try and keep their lives as normal as possible and I found with Alimta I was able to do that.

I will be thinking of you and praying for great results.

Tracy