My Latest PET/CT

Alisa

Hey all. I just wanted to share my good news – I just had a combination PET/CT and the results are in and I’m still considered NED (no evidence of disease). Yeah!!!!

I was really nervous because it’s the first time I waited 10 months for a test. I’ve been on a 6 month schedule for the last 5 years (I was on a 3 months schedule the first 2 years) and for the past few years my onc was trying to get me on a 1-year schedule and I finally agreed to wait 10 months.

I was so stressed out waiting 10 months that I asked the doctor to put me back on a 6-month schedule next time and he said ok. So I will be getting a CT without contrast every 6 months as they are watching me for a new primary and not a recurrence at this point.

I am so relieved and I can breathe for another 6 months now.

I hope this gives others hope. I was Stage 3a and have been NED for 7 years since surgery and chemo.

Blessings,

Alisa

Oh Alisa, I am so VERY, VERY HAPPY to read your post! :D:D:D That is just the most fantabulous news! Yes, your post does give a lot of hope, to me and I am sure to many others. You just keep on keeping on!

Carol

Way to go girl....such wonderful news huh?...I hear ya when you say you can relax for a while...I am on a 6 month schedule for chest exray and 1 yr for CT...My onc say's at this point after 3 yrs they will look in case of new...but not recurrance...they better find 'NUTTIN HONEY'....Prayers for continued good health...hugs..Nonni

Alisa,

Glad I had the time to stop by - you made my day. I understand how you feel about the year by the way, I am still on 6 months and sometimes that is hard- I start worrying around the 5 month mark.

Anyway, congrats!!!