Christmas Party!!!

kamataca

So, Mary's poem has me thinking...

We do have a lot of folks celebrating this Christmas in heaven together this year. Maybe I'm tired, but I was thinking of Mom meeting up with all of the lovely LCSC people she met or heard about while she was here, and others she has welcomed in since she has left.

So...what is your loved one bringing to the Christmas in Heaven party this year? I know my mom has her famous peanut brittle, and her boisterous laugh thundering up there. I'm sure she has even snuck in pictures of her new grandbaby...

Anyone else?

Kelly

Nice idea Kelly -- I'm tired too and it sounds good to me!

I'm sure Tony will be whipping up a batch of his famous chili to warm all their hearts and tummies. Oh, and cannoli's for all! Later in the evening, everyone will be able to recognize him. He'll be the one with the lampshade on his head. :lol: (That ain't water he's holding in that glass!)

My Brian will bring treats for all the pets that are all invited to the party. Tobee, Pogo, and all of them even his childhood dogs and cats.

He counted on me for bringing food so am very glad our other loved ones will have that covered

If he brings any human food it will be PRIME RIB to prepare on that heavenly grille.

He will love this get toether and will be one of the last to leave.

Oh what fun and love they will share.

P

My Brian will bring treats for all the pets that are all invited to the party. Tobee, Pogo, and all of them even his childhood dogs and cats.

He counted on me for bringing food so am very glad our other loved ones will have that covered

If he brings any human food it will be PRIME RIB to prepare on that heavenly grille.

He will love this get toether and will be one of the last to leave.

Oh what fun and love they will share.

P

well my Daddy was not one to miss a party - He will come baring gifts of Irish folklore... stories that could make your hair stand on end... and truly believe in the magic that is Ireland. He will have you all entranced by his wonderful brogue and the special sparkle in his eyes when he laughs. He will also bring Guinness, whats a party without it???

Good idea!

Charlie will cook whatever anybody wants. He was a great cook! His favorite dish to make was Mynatt spaghetti. I think he is probably bringing the deviled eggs...I don't think I saw anybody bringing them yet.

My dad loved to grill...so he will cook a pork roast and bring it. Of course, during the fall (next year) he will bring the barbecued baby back ribs.

My mother-in-law always made the best cornbread dressing and great homemade biscuits. She is bringing those.

I hope some one leaves the "Open Mic" on for this great poet we know and Miss Dean Carl.......

CAn hear that voice in my head right now adn this is tonites Poem.....

Cancer!

Oh, how we fear that word!

I say to you, "I have cancer"

And I watch you,

refuse to hear.

I say to you, "I have cancer"

And I watch you,

bury me with your eyes.

Yes, I have CANCER.

Please,

Please hear the word.

But do not lay me in my grave,

At least,

Not just yet.

Oh, I know this disease

Will someday take my life.

The chances of that are,

Shall we say,

Rather high.

Yes, I know that which will take me,

From this world.

But not today!

But then again,

That's all I've ever had.

Today.

And to tell the truth,

(which I've been known to do at times)

That's all any of us ever have.

Today.

So today, I think,

I'll get up early,

And watch the sun set fire to the sky.

Today, I think,

I'll tell my wife,

"I love you", at least a hundred times.

Today, I think,

I'll find a way to laugh so hard,

I'll give myself a stomach ache.

Today, I think,

I'll go to the cliffs above the ocean

And ask old man Ocean what he knows that I don't.

Today, I think,

I'll climb down into the abyss,

And spit in the Devil's eye.

Today I'll do so many wonderful things.

And those I don't get done today.

I'll do tomorrow when tomorrow becomes today.

Yes, I have cancer

Yes, I will die from it someday.

But not today.

Not today.

This is A dean CArl Original Poem!!! :(:)

Party???????

Mike will get there with some

Irish drinks and his famous Irish

stew........

Don't worry all the dogs will have

fun with him his own pets and all those

that were already there waiting for him.

Thinking of all those gone it is easy to

picture the biggest party ever, all

healthy and in the mood for a good bash,

just closing my eyes and trying to understand

their jokes and following their movements,

what a merry picture this is.

Jackie

My mom would bring of those hard plastic Christmas cookie plates, covered with red-tinted saran wrap, and filled with the most fattening, delicious assortment of holiday baked goods you can imagine, all of which she made without even looking at a recipe, because she had been doing it so long. Plus little personal gifts for everyone there, she would know exactly what everyone likes. And she would bring all of her boundless energy and nurturing ways, and she would never sit down to relax because she'd have to be takin' care of business! She would pretend to be working on a glass of wine, her perfectly manicured pinky in the air with each sip...but she wouldn't make time to even catch a buzz. :) Too much to do, too much love to spread around!

I'll tell you, this sounds like the ultimate, perfect Christmas party...a little bit of everything! Booze, story telling, good food, love, open mic and everything else...

Thanks for suggesting this...after reading everyone's fantastic responses I was able to write this with a bit of happiness in my heart.

Merry Christmas, everyone...

my mom will make her wonderul mac & potatoe salad and bring a cassette of her brother playing "wildwood rose" on his guitar. she will not be the most outgoing person but very beautiful and shy and just watch and notice. If any children are there, they will be next to her, especially the little ones. she will tell anyone about me and my brothers and sisters and her grandchildren who she raised and she is very proud. then she will play 'the circle' and all will nod and understand. She is the caretaker of all, my tougher than nails beautiful mom.

my dad will make his pasta cooked to al dente and than left to sit in the water, and he too will draw the kids, and the ladies, and the mean and talk about me, his daugther. he always referred to me as 'my daughter' he is the show stopper because he was always just gorgeous. better looking than elvis by far and way way tougher, not to mention his IQ. he is so so smart, with both legs, kidneys in top form. my tougher than nails hero, my dad.